Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Titus Super Moto Frame.

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Logi 
#1 ·
I found this frame on the Classifieds and do not much about it. I have done the ole google search and didn't find much information pertaining to this design or frame. I have read the link in the ad. Can anyone tell me if it is worth the price and if it is in fact a good design. I have noticed that Titus no longer uses this design and thought it may be because it is not a good design. If you own or have owned one of these frames what are your thoughts of the frame. Thanks in advance. :D

#2 ·
I'm no expert on this bike, or Titus in general. However, if you look for reviews and posts about the Titus Switchblade you'll se that it is a similar design. Rave reviews on the SB too. My buddy has one and still loves it.

This is probably the bike that pre-dated the El Guapo. It looks like it anyway.

Is it worth it... not sure? Might want to wait for someone else to chime in with more info.

#3 ·
thats2odd said:
I found this frame on the Classifieds and do not much about it. I have done the ole google search and didn't find much information pertaining to this design or frame. I have read the link in the ad. Can anyone tell me if it is worth the price and if it is in fact a good design. I have noticed that Titus no longer uses this design and thought it may be because it is not a good design. If you own or have owned one of these frames what are your thoughts of the frame. Thanks in advance. :D
It's a good FR frame. Horst link design. What kind of riding do you do. You are not going to like it if you are an XC guy. As this frame is over 8.5lbs. Good pedaling bike, plush, and stiff.

I rode it when it first came out, the one I rode was 35 lbs. I don't know if you can get the replacement linkage though.

If it fit your style of riding it's not a bad deal, made in USA as well.

#4 ·
ask on the titus forums, lots of people should know that bike. IMO it one of the best frames Titus made, after the Motolite. That year is the last year of the SuMo. There was a pause then the El Guapo came out, which was slightly less burly. I still have my 2005 Supermoto, and do not think I will be selling it soon. It is a sturdy bike, I rode it at Whistler for 2 seasons, and it was fine...until I ended up with my current park bike (Knolly). I would say it is a light Freeride type bike. It has excellent clearance for the tires (had 2.8 MIchelin DH32 on it). The suspension was top of the line a few years ago, and is still much better than all but the best systems out today.

That particular frame was manufactured in higher volume than could be sold, and a lot of new frames ended up on ebay, probably since people wanted the El GUapo. I would check ebay, that frame looks a bit beat up, but it is worth the price for sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.