mtbr member

Titanium with aluminum seat post.

So I just got this lynskey ti mountain bike bike and I am using a aluminium seat post (A thomson elite). Do you use grease like you do with aluminum with the seat post? Is there a ti specific lubrication to use?

Thanks.
    "Chancho. When you are a man sometimes you wear stretchy pants... Its for fun..."

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whason
    So I just got this lynskey ti mountain bike bike and I am using a aluminium seat post (A thomson elite). Do you use grease like you do with aluminum with the seat post? Is there a ti specific lubrication to use?

Thanks.
    Grease will work, but anti-seize compound will work better for Ti applications. There are several types of anti-seize, so make sure what you buy is intended for Al or Ti, and not copper. Auto parts stores usually sell several types.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whason

Thanks.
    You should just ditch the Thompson and go with a Kent Eriksen Sweetpost. But yeah, anti seize is what you need