mtbr member
    Apr 2011

thoughts on my "performance" mt bike

so i have a preformance custom built mountain bike that my sister won in her high school graduation party. we graduated high school in Chapel Hill, so im assuming it came from that shop is carboro.
    i wish i could run down the specs right now but i cant i'm at work. i will get a few pics of it up here and specs as soon as i can. i've been riding this bike since 96' she got it in 95'. i think its a 14" or 15" frame and is double welded at all the joints. its the lightest bike i've ever rode. it has a solid frame with front shocks.

shoot gota go.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    so i was told performance doesn't produce mountain bikes and that the one i have was probably a promotion bike. i'm kinda more interested in what it might be worth or any details someone else might have about it. even any info on the company would be good.

i know very little about the bike world.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Performance Bike used to have Performance labeled bikes back in the 90s. They do not anymore. Their current housebrand bikes are Access, which they inherited when they bought Supergo. The old Performance mountain bikes were basically very entry level bikes. Some pics would help to determine how good your specific bike is. But if you enjoy it, thats all that really matters.
    2012 On One Whippet 650b
    2012 Santa Cruz TRc 650b
    2014 On One Dirty Disco
    2010 Soma Groove
    1987 Haro RS1

Former Bike Wrench
    Performance sells mountain bikes under their own brand names. The old Performance bikes in the 90's were produced by KHS, newer ones (Access) are produced by Ideal who ownes Fuji Bikes.

Without pictures it's pretty much impossible to provide any help.

Former Bike Wrench
    Quote Originally Posted by ljsmith
    The old Performance mountain bikes were basically very entry level bikes. Some pics would help to determine how good your specific bike is. But if you enjoy it, thats all that really matters.
    They actually had some very nice models including Ti frames

mtbr member
    Apr 2011

Good job!

awesome! i will get some pics up today. and if you can provide anymore info on it that would be great!!

thanks for the info so far!