mtbr member
    May 2011

Thoughts on Mosso Titanium Forks?

My rigid is PERFECT except for the weight, so I thought about swapping out the steel forks. Saw these and thought they'd be a perfect match for my 90's frame:

MOSSO Titanium Ti MTB Fork 26" | eBay

Amazing, titanium forks shaped like steel forks. But I've been all over the net and haven't found anyone actually using these things. Untested stuff can be a little scary!

Other options include Trigon carbon, but the carbon steerer scares me even more. And, they don't look retro

Oh yeh, I'm a clyde and a speed freak, so high speed impacts are normal.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I'll take the lack of response as an indicator that nobody here has tried them. These do appear to be rare...if I won't be your guinea pig, I can't expect you to be mine!

Cycle Psycho
    I am a clyde myself, and I HATED my ti fork. It felt like riding a wet noodle - so much flex! It was ridiculous. Also, made the front end too light - the bike was unbalanced. It DID absorb shocks, but the it also flexed sideways, making the thing not very confidence inspiring. I got rid of it and don't miss it one bit! Went back to steel and it's a MUCH nicer ride.

It wasn't a cheap one either, it was a BlackSheep. It flexed so much the disc rotor would rub from the flexing. If you like the way your bike rides now, a ti fork would probably be a night and day difference for the worse.
    '10 Rocky Mountain Metropolis (rigid 2x10)
    '10 SURLY 1x1 (rigid SS)
    '13 SURLY Ogre (rigid SS)
    '13 SURLY Troll (rigid 2x10)

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Gritter View Post
    I am a clyde myself, and I HATED my ti fork. It felt like riding a wet noodle - so much flex! It was ridiculous.
    Ah crap, well I guess I could spoil the classic look of my ride and install some outboard-bearing cranks to reduce weight.

Rock and/or Roll
    Dec 2005
    I wouldn't do ti forks. They are usually very flexy. I would trust a carbon frok with a carbon steerer, well before I would trust one with an aluminum steerer molded into the carbon. The monocoque carbon construction is stronger. Just use caution when cranking down on the stem clamp bolts, and you'll be fine. The carbon forks on my bike are freakin awesome, and light.