the catalan connection

Is there a good reason why the Yeti ARC frame is close to 1700 gms?

Thatīs for a medium size frame put on a scale. Donīt you think is a bit overweight for a high end alum hardtail? How is that?
    Any input will be appreciated,
    Greetings
    "Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say, abstains from giving us wordly evidence of the fact." George Elliot

AKA Dr.Nob
    That heavier than what you (and I) expected weight doesn't surprise me at all.

I don't really see the ARC as a "high end" hardtail. I see them as an "overpriced for what you get, fairly ordinary alum " hardtail.
    Not that all teenagers are evil mind, just most of them.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    They aren't scandium anymore huh?

the catalan connection
    Anyone else can bring up some more feedback please? I would like to help a friend decide on his next frame purchase...
    "Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say, abstains from giving us wordly evidence of the fact." George Elliot

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    thats 3.7lbs.. thats nothing.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    That's not heavy, but $800 or so for an aluminum hard tail frame is kind of silly.
    "Bikes aren't fast--people are fast. Bikes are overpriced. It's an important distinction."---BikeSnob NYC

the catalan connection
    Quote Originally Posted by GrantB
    That's not heavy, but $800 or so for an aluminum hard tail frame is kind of silly.
    800 usd? I wish we could get it for that cheap here. The shop retails the frame alone for 1000 euros, which is 1400 usd or so. And for that price is even harder to justify the weigh.Thatīs why I was asking for input, becouse so far there is plenty of other options, much lighter cheaper and almost as nice if you donīt mind give up the nice color and arc stays bents.