mtbr member
    Nov 2007

Sun UFO vs Lime Light vs ZTR 355

Is someone had any feedback on these rims?

I've command a set of ZTR,but I ask to myself if the Sun rims are as strong and rigid as the ZTR.

Who could tell me a bit more for my choice?

(sorry for the faults,I'm french )

I bike long tyme.
    I've been using a set of UFOs laced up to King hubs since '03 and they have been bombproof. No dings, they stay straight. I'm totally happy with them. Not to mention they are seriously light! One odd thing though is the anodization of the aluminum seems to be fading somehow. When new, they were jet black, now they're a kinda dark, burnt copper color. I actually kinda like it but that's been the only oddity about them.
    People wait for me on the way up. I wait for them on the way down.

Hack Racer
    They don't offer the Lime LIghts anymore.

WOY
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Just to let you know SUN no longer produces Lime Light, there were issues with the eyelets. Basically they have a tendency to pop out during the build process! However this seems to only happen during the build.

I have a pair of them with 240s and supercomps 28H 3 / 2x. So far they have been great, Light (~350g) and strong (other than the eyelets, zero problem after they were built). The weight of the UFO can vary greatly and is slightly narrower than the Lime Light.

Cannot comment on the ZTR however everyone I know on them seem to be happy with them.

Lastly I think they all come out of the same factory.....