mtbr member
    Mar 2005

Stumpjumper FSR 120 Pro or Enduro Pro

I'm about to pick up my second bike and I need the advice of the mtbr clan. I know people may suggest other rides then the ones I've mentioned but I can get the bike at near cost so I'm limiting it to specialized. Right now i ride a beastly Banshee Chapparal. It's a freakin pig and absolutely sucks for any kind of trail riding. I've narrowed my choice down to the enduro pro and the stumpjumper fsr 120 pro. At first I was leaning towards the enduro but now I'm not sure. I know MTN bike action did a review on the s-works enduro and loved it but i'm still having trouble deciding. The reason behind this is I intend to use this bike to do mainly XC type of riding. I know the enduro line is marketed as a tough all mtn bike, but I'm almost thinking it may be more then I need/want. I'm not looking to be a speed demon on the trails but I'm not sure I need 6 inches of travel when I probably won't be taking this bike off anything higher then a 3 foot drop. That is why I've been leaning towards the stumpjumper now. I feel it is a good blend of the aggresive XC riding I enjoy. Keep in mind I still have the banshee for those bigger jumps and stuff. Comments and thoughts are appreciated.

mtbr member

stumpy

probably best to go with the stumpjumper since you all ready have a hard core bike. enduro is probably in same league as the banshee, though the new enduros do climb very well. stumpy is much lighter and still a very capable bike with 120mm travel