Rider and Wrench

Steelset thoughts?

Other than I don't have any need for the strength that the Chris King Steelset offers... the fact that I probably won't ever be able to remove it and it weighs 2X as much as most others... Is there any other reason a Steelset would be an issue... as in create a new problem?

I came across a chris king steelset headset and it has a bit of a unique color/etched graphics in that it looks fairly industrial in plain brushed steel with I guess the softer graphics almost not there- where most of them get a marbled color from the heat treating and white King logos (even though most of the std King have gone to the sotto etched graphics). So I happen to like the brushed stainless look and at the price it makes sense but I have zero need for the deeper cups on the XC bike I plan on using it... and the 100g of extra weight...well the frame is already steel...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I Just wish I could ride more!

T.W.O.
    No problems. It was recommended on my bike, Ellsworth Moment, they are pricey but worth it. The only thing that bug me, I wish it comes with a matching cap.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mimi1885 View Post
    No problems. It was recommended on my bike, Ellsworth Moment, they are pricey but worth it. The only thing that bug me, I wish it comes with a matching cap.
    I had a machinist buddy take the cups down to 8mm...
    super headset.
    Get over it!