Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Spin Wheels Disc brake adapter

I have seen Spin Wheels with a disc brake mount but I don't know if it was an original mount or not. As far as I know, Spin wheels were never made with disc mounts. Does anyone know if there is an adapter available, if so where can it be found.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    I know I'm bringing this thread from the dead but i just had made a set of disc brake adapters for the SPIN wheelset. Now just to make it clear, these are prototype's and fit the american classic hubs ONLY with the large hex nut. Ill include a picture of the front hub so you have an idea which hubs I'm referring to.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Spin Wheels Disc brake adapter-new-pix-my-white-trek-y-bike-027.jpg  

Spin Wheels Disc brake adapter-new-pix-my-white-trek-y-bike-025.jpg  

Spin Wheels Disc brake adapter-new-pix-my-white-trek-y-bike-023.jpg  

Spin Wheels Disc brake adapter-229.jpg  

Spin Wheels Disc brake adapter-bike-wheels-bike-wheel-bike-wheel-sets-17773702761622470.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    OK so I am interested... I am running spins on my Old school Gt LTS and have had these on there since new... there the only reason I cannot upgrade to disc.
    97 GT LTS

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    This looks awesome Im currently building up a retro trials bike (since I just so need another bike kicking around lol) but I figure have some fun with it since its a retro ride not a daily rig and Im seriously pondering a set of Spin wheels, but Im running a front disc

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Awesome

Thats great! How do we get our hands on those adapters?

mtbr member
    count me in for a pair if they become available.

mtbr member
    Woahhhhh!! Are you serious?

I could seriously use a pair or two of those immediately. I envy machinist more and more as technology passes me by.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Thanks for the interest guys!!! The adapters are holding up great! I have countless hours of R&D and back and forth with the machinist to have these adapters made. I have about 6 rides in now on them. I took 3 street rides, taking it slowly at first then increasing the intensity on each consecutive ride. Now I'm doing my normal fire road rides listening for any abnormalities/ noises that might indicate any problem with the hubs themselves! I wanted the prototypes bullet proof before I start whittling the weight down. I haven't taken them on any single track yet. I'm out of shape and too old for epic rides any more! I really want to test them out thoroughly before considering offering them to anyone. I don't want anyone getting hurt on account of me! I'm sure you guys will understand. As far as the weight issue is concerned remember these are only prototypes, but I will weight them and get back to you guys on that! Happy biking guys!.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    As promised here are the weights of the adapter's.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Spin Wheels Disc brake adapter-spin-carbon-wheels-front-adapter-weight-001.jpg  

Spin Wheels Disc brake adapter-spin-carbon-wheels-rear-adapter-weight-002.jpg  

Spin Wheels Disc brake adapter-spin-carbon-wheels-ifront-rear-adapter-weight-003.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dibs on Chief Product Tester.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    sorry to come out of the woodwork, but...

i'd be interested too. i was doing a 'net seach on this and all i found was this thread. this forum won't let you look at the pics unless you join, plus if i can afford them i'd like one or two.

so if there's a magic number for the quantity of a production run, add me in for a couple (price dependent though, 'cause i'm pretty poor). thanks.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I even made an account to look at the pictures, I've had my spins for about 14 years and they are still going strong. the problem its hard to find a fork these days that still supports v-brakes so i'm stuck with my old fork as well. I remember seeing a picture of a disc version of the spins way back before they went out of business and since then i have always wondered about getting someone to design a disc hub for them.......i know this thread is older, but i am interested in an update to know if these are available.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Tried to PM you with no luck.
    Do the lock nut on the hub loosen to the right or left?
    If you can make these available please let me know. thanks for your hard work.
    I think you have a great product/idea

mtbr member
    Sep 2011

Measurements

can you please provide measurements or the info for the guy that machined these for you so we can all jump in and get a set. Thank you

univegads900@gmail.com

New question here. drisc brake adapter for spin wheels?

I have searched high and low for disc brake adapters for my spin wheels that i use on my univega ds900 pls how i can a set of these adapters thank you

univegads900@gmail.com

Good job! disc brake adapters spin wheels?

I just saw the pics they are amazing i knew it could be done but everywhere i went ppl said it couldnt be done. The craftsmanship looks top notch great job

univegads900@gmail.com

disc brakes for spin wheels?

Quote Originally Posted by fastzcars View Post
    I know I'm bringing this thread from the dead but i just had made a set of disc brake adapters for the SPIN wheelset. Now just to make it clear, these are prototype's and fit the american classic hubs ONLY with the large hex nut. Ill include a picture of the front hub so you have an idea which hubs I'm referring to.
    Hey fastcars im new to this forum so i know im way late on this discussion. Ive my spin wheels on my univega ds900 for 14 yrs now and have always wanted disc brakes on them i see you made some adapters, any chance you would sell 2 sets to me plz!!

univegads900@gmail.com
    I too have tried to pm fastcars but wasnt able to can some one pass along the info that there is a need for these adapters
    TxMntBiker Univega ds900

univegads900@gmail.com

disc brake adapters for spin wheels?

What about the specs maybe i can find a machine shop who can make them im not sure if the pic alone is good enough to make bases off the pic?
    TxMntBiker Univega ds900

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    As promised here are the weights of the adapter's.
    so are you selling these?

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by taco bonk View Post
    Woahhhhh!! Are you serious?

I could seriously use a pair or two of those immediately. I envy machinist more and more as technology passes me by.
    did you ever get a set?

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by univega900 View Post
    I too have tried to pm fastcars but wasnt able to can some one pass along the info that there is a need for these adapters
    Im in need of these as well. if i hear anything ill let you know

univegads900@gmail.com
    i have been posting like crazy just to get to ten posts so i could finally pm fastzcars, i finally hit my ten and pmed him last nite but no response so far. plz if anyone talks to him let him know this adapters are in high demand.
    TxMntBiker Univega ds900

univegads900@gmail.com
    Can any machinist make these adapters? Are the specs on here somewhere? Are the pics enough for some one to make set going off the pics alone?
    TxMntBiker Univega ds900

univegads900@gmail.com

spin wheels disc brake adapter

I guess no one has heard from fastzcars? I asked a guy at a bike store after showing the pics from fastzcars if a machinest can make this adapter using the pics and disc brake you want to use and he says yes that he should make it off the pics.
    TxMntBiker Univega ds900

mtbr member
    That's awesome. Gotta let us know how you make out with this endeavor.

univegads900@gmail.com
    Do these adapters work with any disc brake or a specific one? The big round donut looking things are the adapters rite? What about the lil silver thing with the website on it is that a custom made item as well?
    TxMntBiker Univega ds900

mtbr member
    Do these adapters work with any disc brake or a specific one? The big round donut looking things are the adapters rite? What about the lil silver thing with the website on it is that a custom made item as well?
    It looks to me like you unscrew the little silver ring from the old hub, and screw on the new machined adaptor onto the hub's threads. I could be wrong, but that's what it looks like to me. This thing is definately beefy as well and could probably be much lighter with some further cnc machineing.

univegads900@gmail.com
    I think your right loggerhead.
    TxMntBiker Univega ds900

univegads900@gmail.com
    Are front brakes even needed if you have disc brakes in the back?
    TxMntBiker Univega ds900

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Disc brake adapters.

Hello my name is Manny i'm interested in a set of the disc brake adapters my phone #631-413-7384 New York thank you.

univegads900@gmail.com
    Just like manny i too need a set of these adapters since he put his number ill put mine aswell maybe fastcarz will see this so can buy the adapters from him. 361-815-6608 or bilgami@yahoo.com thank you
    TxMntBiker Univega ds900

mtbr member
    Phone numbers and e mail addresses. The Spam Bots will be happy
    Duct tape iz like teh Force. It has a Lite side and a Dark side and it holdz the Universe together.

univegads900@gmail.com
    Sorry about bots i just Need these adapters!!
    TxMntBiker Univega ds900

mtbr member
    Sorry about bots i just Need these adapters!!
    Good luck finding an adaptor.
    I wouldn't be putting my phone number or email address in a public forum. If the maker of the adaptor in ths thread is going to contact you he is just as likely to do it via mtbr PM as with a phone call or private email. YMMV
    Duct tape iz like teh Force. It has a Lite side and a Dark side and it holdz the Universe together.

univegads900@gmail.com
    Do u think it will be difficult to get my hands on these adapters?
    TxMntBiker Univega ds900

mtbr member
    Do u think it will be difficult to get my hands on these adapters?

Maybe "dougal" can make you one www.shockcraft.co.nz/custom or some other custom shop

CNC Machine Shop | Custom Waterjet, Plasma, Laser Cutting | eMachineShop.com
    Last edited by mitzikatzi; 04-21-2012 at 10:42 PM.

univegads900@gmail.com
    Thanx
    TxMntBiker Univega ds900

mtbr member
    Hello Fastzcars
    i very need adapters for spin hubs,can you sell to me and ship to Russia(Moscow) i,ll pay via paypal
    my hubs the same as yours ,or maybe you specify dimensions (width,internal depth,carving ) I try to make them at the factory
    many thanks,happy new year

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Hi Ducaster
    I'm sorry , the project was just for my personal use and I was advised by my legal counsel not to sell.

mtbr member
    ok,thank you
    maybe you can help with right dimensions of the adapters,super wheels not want to change to other
    I'm afraid if I start to look for the right size itself can spoil
    pls help

mtbr member
    Spin Carbon Fiber 26" MTB Wheels Vintage Retro Classic Factory Disc Brakes USA | eBay
    Or you can buy these. Not mine but was shocked to see them listed.

mtbr member
    thank you,but i,m thinking that insane price for used wheels 1000$+425$ for shipping to Russia
    I'll try to make these adapters in our factory maybe "rushydro", do not know exactly when it will happen,but if it works well then I can send them to anyone who needs them for cheap price
    good mood

mtbr member
    Who knows what the company "SPIN COMPOSITE" they still exist?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducaster View Post
    Who knows what the company "SPIN COMPOSITE" they still exist?
    Gone. years ago.

mtbr member
    intresting one thing ,when the brake, adapters is not being turned on their thread?
    p.s. dear fastzcars not answer to me on this question
    maybe revive the production of these wheels from carbon prepreg with hubs for disc brakes?
    very good strong wheels,my kit from 1997

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    i stopped getting email updates for this thread and just thought it went unresolved. didn't know about the legal stuff.

could some kind of release from liability deal be agreed upon?

univegads900@gmail.com
    Hi Ducaster
    I'm sorry , the project was just for my personal use and I was advised by my legal counsel not to sell.
    Sorry to hear you cant sell. How about the specs with pics so i can take to a machine shop?
    TxMntBiker Univega ds900

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    you might want to check out this link. It seems this company builds IDENTICAL wheels to SPIN....just a little smaller for sport wheel chairs. Custon Engineered Wheels, Inc. X-Core Wheels

univegads900@gmail.com
    are these adopters for sell yet?
    TxMntBiker Univega ds900

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast