Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Spin Wheels Disc brake adapter

I have seen Spin Wheels with a disc brake mount but I don't know if it was an original mount or not. As far as I know, Spin wheels were never made with disc mounts. Does anyone know if there is an adapter available, if so where can it be found.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    I know I'm bringing this thread from the dead but i just had made a set of disc brake adapters for the SPIN wheelset. Now just to make it clear, these are prototype's and fit the american classic hubs ONLY with the large hex nut. Ill include a picture of the front hub so you have an idea which hubs I'm referring to.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Spin Wheels Disc brake adapter-new-pix-my-white-trek-y-bike-027.jpg  

Spin Wheels Disc brake adapter-new-pix-my-white-trek-y-bike-025.jpg  

Spin Wheels Disc brake adapter-new-pix-my-white-trek-y-bike-023.jpg  

Spin Wheels Disc brake adapter-229.jpg  

Spin Wheels Disc brake adapter-bike-wheels-bike-wheel-bike-wheel-sets-17773702761622470.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    OK so I am interested... I am running spins on my Old school Gt LTS and have had these on there since new... there the only reason I cannot upgrade to disc.
    97 GT LTS

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    This looks awesome Im currently building up a retro trials bike (since I just so need another bike kicking around lol) but I figure have some fun with it since its a retro ride not a daily rig and Im seriously pondering a set of Spin wheels, but Im running a front disc

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Awesome

Thats great! How do we get our hands on those adapters?

mtbr member
    count me in for a pair if they become available.

mtbr member
    Woahhhhh!! Are you serious?

I could seriously use a pair or two of those immediately. I envy machinist more and more as technology passes me by.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Thanks for the interest guys!!! The adapters are holding up great! I have countless hours of R&D and back and forth with the machinist to have these adapters made. I have about 6 rides in now on them. I took 3 street rides, taking it slowly at first then increasing the intensity on each consecutive ride. Now I'm doing my normal fire road rides listening for any abnormalities/ noises that might indicate any problem with the hubs themselves! I wanted the prototypes bullet proof before I start whittling the weight down. I haven't taken them on any single track yet. I'm out of shape and too old for epic rides any more! I really want to test them out thoroughly before considering offering them to anyone. I don't want anyone getting hurt on account of me! I'm sure you guys will understand. As far as the weight issue is concerned remember these are only prototypes, but I will weight them and get back to you guys on that! Happy biking guys!.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    As promised here are the weights of the adapter's.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Spin Wheels Disc brake adapter-spin-carbon-wheels-front-adapter-weight-001.jpg  

Spin Wheels Disc brake adapter-spin-carbon-wheels-rear-adapter-weight-002.jpg  

Spin Wheels Disc brake adapter-spin-carbon-wheels-ifront-rear-adapter-weight-003.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dibs on Chief Product Tester.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    sorry to come out of the woodwork, but...

i'd be interested too. i was doing a 'net seach on this and all i found was this thread. this forum won't let you look at the pics unless you join, plus if i can afford them i'd like one or two.

so if there's a magic number for the quantity of a production run, add me in for a couple (price dependent though, 'cause i'm pretty poor). thanks.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I even made an account to look at the pictures, I've had my spins for about 14 years and they are still going strong. the problem its hard to find a fork these days that still supports v-brakes so i'm stuck with my old fork as well. I remember seeing a picture of a disc version of the spins way back before they went out of business and since then i have always wondered about getting someone to design a disc hub for them.......i know this thread is older, but i am interested in an update to know if these are available.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Tried to PM you with no luck.
    Do the lock nut on the hub loosen to the right or left?
    If you can make these available please let me know. thanks for your hard work.
    I think you have a great product/idea

mtbr member
    Sep 2011

Measurements

can you please provide measurements or the info for the guy that machined these for you so we can all jump in and get a set. Thank you

univegads900@gmail.com

New question here. drisc brake adapter for spin wheels?

I have searched high and low for disc brake adapters for my spin wheels that i use on my univega ds900 pls how i can a set of these adapters thank you

univegads900@gmail.com

Good job! disc brake adapters spin wheels?

I just saw the pics they are amazing i knew it could be done but everywhere i went ppl said it couldnt be done. The craftsmanship looks top notch great job

univegads900@gmail.com

disc brakes for spin wheels?

Quote Originally Posted by fastzcars View Post
    I know I'm bringing this thread from the dead but i just had made a set of disc brake adapters for the SPIN wheelset. Now just to make it clear, these are prototype's and fit the american classic hubs ONLY with the large hex nut. Ill include a picture of the front hub so you have an idea which hubs I'm referring to.
    Hey fastcars im new to this forum so i know im way late on this discussion. Ive my spin wheels on my univega ds900 for 14 yrs now and have always wanted disc brakes on them i see you made some adapters, any chance you would sell 2 sets to me plz!!

univegads900@gmail.com
    I too have tried to pm fastcars but wasnt able to can some one pass along the info that there is a need for these adapters
    TxMntBiker Univega ds900

univegads900@gmail.com

disc brake adapters for spin wheels?

What about the specs maybe i can find a machine shop who can make them im not sure if the pic alone is good enough to make bases off the pic?
    TxMntBiker Univega ds900

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by fastzcars View Post
    As promised here are the weights of the adapter's.
    so are you selling these?

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by taco bonk View Post
    Woahhhhh!! Are you serious?

I could seriously use a pair or two of those immediately. I envy machinist more and more as technology passes me by.
    did you ever get a set?

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by univega900 View Post
    I too have tried to pm fastcars but wasnt able to can some one pass along the info that there is a need for these adapters
    Im in need of these as well. if i hear anything ill let you know

univegads900@gmail.com
    i have been posting like crazy just to get to ten posts so i could finally pm fastzcars, i finally hit my ten and pmed him last nite but no response so far. plz if anyone talks to him let him know this adapters are in high demand.
    TxMntBiker Univega ds900

univegads900@gmail.com
    Can any machinist make these adapters? Are the specs on here somewhere? Are the pics enough for some one to make set going off the pics alone?
    TxMntBiker Univega ds900

univegads900@gmail.com

spin wheels disc brake adapter

I guess no one has heard from fastzcars? I asked a guy at a bike store after showing the pics from fastzcars if a machinest can make this adapter using the pics and disc brake you want to use and he says yes that he should make it off the pics.
    TxMntBiker Univega ds900

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast