mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Specialized FSR frame question

Hi everyone,

I hope I'm posting this question in the right area....

I have a Specialized Stumpjumper FSR XC frame. I believe the model year is 2000 but not absolutely sure. It uses rim brakes and has a Fox Float R(?...been a while since I actually looked at the shock). It's still in great riding condition but you can tell it's an older bike...a bit faded, a few chips in the paint, and some scrapes on the chainstays, etc. My plan is to sell it or, preferably, trade for a hardtail frame of comparable value but here's the problem: I have no idea what a reasonable asking price would be. Can anyone help me out? Sorry, I don't have any pictures of it.

And sorry if this seems like a classified ad. Just don't have too many people around here to ask for advice on it.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Cheers,
    David

Ibexbiker
    Apr 2006
    The bike is basically 10 years old and a lot of technology has come out in that time. I am sort of in the same boat right now. I am want to get rid of one of my bikes but will not get what I want for it or think it's worth because it is 5 years old. Even though I have a lot of new aftermarket add ons. In some cases you might be better off keeping it as an extra bike and just buying a new one, which is what I ended up doing. But if you must sell it I would say 40-45% of your original purchase price.