mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Specialized Enduro questions.

Okay So I have been riding a iron horse hardtail I bought a little while ago and want to step into a nice full suspension that I can do small terrain drops and jumps as well as downhill stuff.

This is my question, the local bike shop has a (2006 I think it is) Enduro for $1200. From looking as specs I believe it has the DHX 3.0 for the rear (forgot to look closely at it) and I heard allot of bad things about the rear. Its also a 8.5x2.25 so there is no way I could change it out to a 4.0 or 5.0. Is this a problem that I should worry about?

I really want to pick this bike up cause I have been looking for an enduro and its a 100 cheaper than another bike I was looking at.

Thanks for any input.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Okay Scratch that I went back today to ask about it more and it is a 2007. Its brand new pretty much. A guy bought it and brought it back after not even one ride cause the breaks were leaking fluid. They are going to go over the bike again and see if there is anything else defective and fix it befor they sell it to me. They did not seem to know much about the DHX 3.0 shock though so I am still leary about what I heard about those. I know it has a funky size 8.5x2.25 and I am starting to think if I could fit a DHX 5.0 8.5x2.5 with no clearance issues. Anyone know?

Hmm guess no one knows or no one cares...
    Last edited by Hangingchads; 09-03-2009 at 12:49 PM.

Sheffield,South Yorkshire
    Try the Specialized Forum?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Hmmm good idea thanks!

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ibbo
    Try the Specialized Forum?
    Or even the Shocks and Suspension forum, if the question is primarily about the shock.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Yeah I posted there already but no one knows I guess or no one uses the 3.0 anymore.

Thanks