total mtb noob
    Sep 2009

Specialized Enduro 2005 yay or nay?

I have the opportunity to get a Specialized Enduro 2005 frame in my size at a bargain price. It has a brand new chainstay on it due to cracks in the old one (replaced under warranty). Is this a good frame for trail riding and everyday stuff? Should I go for it?

mtbr member
    I am sure the other owner was "just riding around" when the chain stays cracked. I think the Enduro is a little more XC than down hill so if you are looking for a heavy duty XC bike it will work. If you see yourself doing some big drops and are looking at some down hill stuff you might want something with a little more travel. I was out with a guy who snapped both chainstays on an 06 enduro on a flat drop of a couple of feet.

"Just Riding Around" is a bike shop term that customer will say when they come in with a broken frame. Like i was "just riding around" when my frame broke.

I think $250 or less with a decent shock would be a bargain price.

total mtb noob
    Sep 2009
    Thanks mate. From what I have read in the Specialized thread it seems to be a common weak spot. I'm not too worried about it and yeah it seems to be very cheap.