Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Sette Frames vs. Motobecane Frames

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  motoroil 
#1 ·
I'm planning on replacing my frame, and I'm not sure whether to go Motobecane 600HT or Sette Reken? They're roughly the same price.

The reken has a TON of super positive reviews, the but tire clearance is only 2.3", whereas the 600HT is 2.5". (I like running 2.35's) Also, I like doing XC/All Mountain/some street (including curbs, some stairs, etc...), and I can't tell if the reken will stand up to it as well as the 600HT's beefier seat stays? The reken is 6061, whereas the 600HT is 7005; I'm not sure if that makes any difference since they're both quality frames.

Any advice or opinions? Especially from folks who have a reken frame or a 600ht frame?

Thanks!

#3 ·
Good question. I'm running Vredestein Black Panthers. I love the centerlock, it allows them to roll really fast. They don't have super-big knobbies, you can see them here: Vredestein Black Panther Tire Folding at JensonUSA.com

Also, I definitely don't do stunts, but I use my bike for both XC riding and my daily commute, which is less than 2 miles, but involves curbs and the occasional 4 or 5 steps.

#5 ·
The trek XC frame has held up well so far for my kinda riding. I'm thinking as long as I stay away from the super-light style frames, for example, the Motobecane Fly, then I'll be alright without going all the way to an AM style frame.

I try to make up the difference with components, by having a decent fork, heavy duty rims rather than light weight XC rims, and high volume tires. Right now I'm running rhyno lites, and they seem to take the beating well, and hopefully, in so doing, take some of the beating off the frame.

The sette shadow would've been perfect, but sette seemed to stop making it several years back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.