Thread: Sale Price

mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Sale Price

So, here's the deal. I've painstakingly put together an awesome 26" race bike, but I got a ridiculous price on a superfly, so the old ride's gotta go to finance it. I hate to part with it, but it's going up in the classifieds shortly. I need a little advice on what you all might think I should sell it for, I have a number in my head, but sentamentality might be making it a little higher than it should be. Here are the specs:

Frame: 21.5 2006 Gary Fisher Big Sur/Ziggurat Frame. It was warranteed in '07, and it is a plain purple frame with just two fisher stickers. They didn't throw all the extra crap on it. Very sweet. Top end aluminum, carbon chain stays, the lightest race frame they made prior to the superfly, used 2 seasons.
    Shifters: X-0 2 seasons
    Rear Derailleur: X-0 2 seasons
    Front Derailleur: LX 2 seasons
    Crankset: XT 3 seasons
    Wheels: Mavic Crossmax SLR 3 seasons
    Seatpost: Bontrager race X Lite 2 seasons
    Seat: Selle San Marco Aspide Arrowhead Gel 3 seasons
    Headset: Chris King No Threadset
    Stem: Ritchey WCS 4-axis 1 season
    Bar: FSA K-Force 1 season
    Brakes: Magura Marta SL 2 seasons
    Fork: Magura Durin 80R 5 months old
    Chain & Casette: Sram

Check out the picture, I got the whole purple and red theme going on, and it's in very good shape. It's an XL and it runs about 23 pounds. I'll hate to see it go.

Thanks for the input.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    The only way you are going to get your money out is to disassemble the bike and sell all the parts separately. There is a lot of price resistance above $1400 for used hardtail race bikes. I sold a pretty nice hardtail a year ago with a high end SID, XTR wheels, XT Drive train for $700. Pretty sure I would have been better parting it out.