4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rocky Mountain Vertex 70

3 75.00%
  • Klein Attitude V Disc

1 25.00%
    mtbr member
    Mar 2004

New question here. Rocky Mountain Vertex 70 vs. Klein Attitude V Disc

I'm down to these two bikes. I really like the Vertex 70 http://www.bikes.com/bikes/2004/vertex/vertex_70.aspx and although it is a little more money it seems to also have better components. The Klein http://www.kleinbikes.com/us/mountai...e_v/index.html seems nice too and is a little cheaper (though the $$ isn't the main consideration here).

These high end hardtails are both (as far as I can tell) made in North America, are considered to be well made frames, and are from companies with long-standing reputations. Unfortunately my local bike shop only carries the Klein and I have to order the Rocky Mountain from a shop in NYC because Rocky's are only sold through authorized dealers and there isn't one in my area. I would like to support my local shop, but....I really like the Rocky Mountain too.

I like the fact that Rocky Mountain Bikes aren't quite as mass produced as the Klein-Trek-Gary Fisher conglomo. Is Rocky Mountain and Klein of similar quality?

Please offer any opinions on these two bikes as well as percieved loyalty to the bikes that your local bike shop sells. I appreciate any opinions.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Rocky Mountain...

Well because I live about 3 1/2 hrs from where these bikes are made they are quite common around here, so I know alittle bit about them.
    I still think it shouldn't matter what anyone tells you because when spending any kind of money on something like this you should go with what your gut tells you more. I will say this though...

Pro:
    Whether higher end or lower end, Rocky Mountain frames are about as strong and durable as you can get.

Con:
    For the amount of money you sometimes have to spend on them you would think they could put better components on.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    No contest.............KLEIN