Muhuhahaha

Rockhopper Comp Disc Vs the Haro V4

Pk talked with the shop owner today. The only thing he has in my size of a 15in frame is Rockhopper Comp Disc, and a Hardrock sport. I can get a real good deal on the Rockhopper Comp Disc. Dose anyone have any exp with this model. I know it is different from what i've been talking about on here. Rockhopper Comp Disc Vs the Haro V4 which would be better?

Freshly Fujified

Get the Rockhopper!

Very nicely spec'd bike. Good fork, very good disc brakes, very good drivetrain components. If the shop owner can cut you a deal on this bike that you can afford, buy it and don't look back. There is basically nothing on this bike that you'll be looking to upgrade any time soon.

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

Muhuhahaha
    Well msrp is 880 he said I could take it for 675. So I am really thinking about this one.

Muhuhahaha
    The rockhopper the guy has it in a 15in, thats the size I need. He only has aHaro V4 in a 16in. I may call another shop in the mourning to see if they have any 14 in the V4 since thats what size haro makes. Which one of these bikes would yall get? I need to know soon. Looking at the specs of each they ware very close exept brakes and shocks. Help me out guys

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    I bought a haro v-series frame and love it. The geomotry of the frame is very aggressive. The Part spec on the rockhopper seems slightly better but I really dont like the rockhopper frame (I replaced it with the haro.) It comes down to the price. If you can get a v4 close to the rockhopper, i'd go for it.

mtbr member
    I bought a Haro V4 today I have to go back tomorrow to get fitted for it I'll let you know tomorrow evening what I think..............
    I talked to Demonsmasher earlier he's still deciding.......No matter if it's the hoppper or the V4 both are similar and will be great bikes.........Let us know what you decide Demonsmasher.......We want pics too....

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I have a rockhopper comp. disc.,been riding it all summer. Get one ,you will not be sorry,that price is about 200.00 less than I paid for mine.Go for it !!!!!

Freshly Fujified

Both good bikes

You really can't go wrong with either. I like the fork better on the Rockhopper, and it definitely has better disc brakes. The frame on the Rockhopper is pretty sturdy, too. I don't have much knowledge of Haro other than their reputation with BMX bikes, which is excellent. Test ride both bike and buy the one YOU like!!!

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery