2. You may not vote on this poll
  • RM SWITCH 2.0

0 0%
  • SX TRAIL 1

2 100.00%
    wheelie machine
    Sep 2006

... and if we just ... RM switch 2.0 inputs VS sx trail 1

Hey every one i going to be purchacing a new bike soon and i was wandering what you guys thought of the Rocky Mountain Switch 2.0 quality of their bikes and components i ride an old 98 fsr extreme now it has been a good bike so i also thought of buying another specialized via sx trail 1. how do those two match up? I will be riding everything lift runs, xc, and freeriding. other sugestions welcome. thanks

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    either bike will do it all.
    RM Switch is going to be more gravity biased, it'll xc, and even climb, but, it's rider positioning is not tailored for efficient pedaling. Letting it run on rough trails is very confidence inspiring. 8" brakes, massive thru axle fork, and coil+air shock all make eating rought terrain a smile inducing experience.
    Sx Trail is going to xc better, but 6" brakes will fade on long steep descents, fork/shock will not be as compliant in the rough stuff at speed... and the geometry/riding position seemed rather aggressive for down hill action. The Sx Trail is noticably lighter...

I was looking for a "dh" oriented bike that could still be pedaled to the hill, up and back home. I went with the RM Switch 2.0 and have been thouroughly pleased... however, I also have a 23lb xc hardtail for no dh type rides.