mtbr member
    Oct 2013

rigid fork for cannondale 2002 f400

Hello, Im new to this forum and was wondering what size and brand or model rigid fork I could use on a 2002 cannondale f400, or at least a better shock then what is stock for this bike.as of now I have the frame only.thank you for any advise.

mtbr member
    Does the frame you have currently have a headset? I would probably suggest getting a new headset so that you have all the pieces (i.e. crown race) and something that will work in your frame (meant for a 1.5" steerer tube) and will reduce down to a regular 1-1/8" headset. That will open up some fork options for you, rigid or suspended.

Your bike originally came from the factory with the Headshok P-Bone M fork which had 60mm of travel. You can buy the original fork from eBay right here if you wanted to keep it somewhat original. Cannondale P Bone M 60mm Headshok MTB Suspension Fork Black | eBay Otherwise you'll be looking for a fork with 60mm of travel which is going to be hard to find. As far as a rigid fork goes, you'll probably be looking for something with around a 400mm axle-to-crown length (that would be my guess).

It may be worth bringing up this topic in the Vintage, Retro, Classic thread as they will be able to help you out a bit more.

*edit* keep in mind that you're also looking for a fork with v-brake studs, as your bike (according to bikepedia does not have disc brakes). If all else fails, contact a couple frame/fork builders and see what they can make for you.
    Mountain bikers who don't road ride have no legs...
    Road riders who don't mountain bike have no soul...

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    thank you,