mtbr member
    May 2010

Repaired your broken supermatic?

Anyone out there w/ a Tomac Supermatic? Is it broken yet? (swingarm, drive side, right behind lower pivot)

If so, wondering if anyone has had success with repair--either DIY or via calfee or some other such carbon fixer. Thinking about having it fixed, but not convinced it will make the thing any stronger--in which case it's not worth the $300 just be able to ride it a few more miles.

Great bike (well, besides the fact that they break!), but no company anymore, and the 5 s-matics in my domain of bikedom are all broken in exactly the same way.

Just wondering...

tp

mtbr member
    Try emailing jsmith at tomac dot com, maybe they still have some spares, if not check with calfee on repairing it.

It's really too bad, I had a Carbide XC and a Carbide SL, and they were great bikes too. I sold the SL when I heard they were going out of business. Didn't want to take a chance.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Yeah, did that after it broke the first time. Joel wsa cool--found me another that had actually been repaired already. But...now that one's broke too--same place, same deal. And there aren't anymore. I'm up in the air about paying calfee $300, b/c I don't see that'll make it any better.

mtbr member
    Yeah, it might be time to cut your losses and look for a new frame.

This came out yesterday, but there's about .0000001% chance that they would do anything about your situation I bet...

Tomac licenses name to Planet X for bike line | Bicycle Retailer and Industry News