mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Smile Reebok Oregon Pro vs...sub 800$ bike here.

Im looking to purchase a new bike for trails and road use, Its been 5 or 6 years since i owned a bike and nothing i had ever had disc brakes or anything other then a tube frame suspension.
    So im looking in the $600 or less category for getting back into it.
    I've seen only a few bikes and the ones that have caught my eye are the OREGON PRO(350cad) from reebok, and the Gamma Vision (600unsure of maker).
    Any and all advice/feedback is welcome, since you people are much more aware of whats out there on the market then me.

Points in a bike that im looking for and why.
    -Disc brakes F&R, ive had too many close calls with wet brakes not stopping me
    -prefer metal pedals for grip and they wont wear down.
    those are the main points i MUST have on the bike.

can someone let me know what sort of maintenance is required with a forked suspension? and how do they affect the ride offroad (light to medium trails, nothing extreme)

Thanks in advance for the help

mtbr member
    Go ride some bikes at a bike shop, you should be able to find something in your price range with disc brakes. I would stay away from anything made by Reebok except for shoes.

Beyond Definition
    Giant, Trek, Gary Fisher, Banshee, Specialized and many other bike manufacturers make bikes for $600 and under.
    2009 Giant Yukon

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I was at a nearby bike shop and checked out a Specialized bike, it seemed alot better then the Reebok.
    It was admittedly the low end bike for trails but its all i really need. anyone have any positive or negative feedback on it?
    greatly appreciated

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I recently purchased a Reebok Oregon Pro 24 speed mountain bike. These are great bikes for the price . Smooth ride, light weight and so far no problems with it. For thoses looking for a bike that wont break your wallet and doesnt require your banker for a loan ,the reebok goes out the door at sport check for under 400. taxes in . this bike is designed in Canada