mtbr member
    Apr 2011

Ready for a new bike

I have been cross country and bmx riding for about 2 years and I finally tried the downhill/freeride riding and LOVED it. I have been wanting to get into it for a while and finally got to go to a bike park this weekend and biked practically non stop all day for two days and couldn't get enough. I rode a specialized big hit and loved the way it flew through the air and I rode a Kona park operator and I wasn't too fond of it. I really enjoyed the smooth flowy sections with jumps and berms and wooden features and I liked the downhill stuff but it wasn't as fun as the other stuff. I want a bike that excels in the flowy stuff but still do downhill. I have been researching the dh/fr bikes and I have been looking at the specialized sx trail, commencal supreme 6, and transition tr 250. what are some other bikes to consider? What do y'all recommend? I am hoping to buy used because I know I am going to wreck and am trying to stay under 3000. Any help is greatly appreciated

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hwy1strat View Post
    I have been cross country and bmx riding for about 2 years and I finally tried the downhill/freeride riding and LOVED it. I have been wanting to get into it for a while and finally got to go to a bike park this weekend and biked practically non stop all day for two days and couldn't get enough. I rode a specialized big hit and loved the way it flew through the air and I rode a Kona park operator and I wasn't too fond of it. I really enjoyed the smooth flowy sections with jumps and berms and wooden features and I liked the downhill stuff but it wasn't as fun as the other stuff. I want a bike that excels in the flowy stuff but still do downhill. I have been researching the dh/fr bikes and I have been looking at the specialized sx trail, commencal supreme 6, and transition tr 250. what are some other bikes to consider? What do y'all recommend? I am hoping to buy used because I know I am going to wreck and am trying to stay under 3000. Any help is greatly appreciated
    Hey friend,

I say, if you liked the Specialized Big Hit, then go with it. You've already test ridden it so what's the hesitation. On the other hand, if you'd still like to explore your options, then check these beauties out:

Ready for a new bike-11_dakarxcrrace.jpg

The Jamis XCR Race

Name:  A-8509.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  92.8 KB

The Specialized Big Hit

Ready for a new bike-12115.jpg

The Trek RumbleFish

Ready for a new bike-a2685502-36f6-4e53-9e49-53bf3af5fab4.jpg

The GT FORCE 3 - On sale right now at REI for 1.5K
    (You can't beat this price anywhere and tomorrow is the last day!)

Fly safely!
    God gave birds, wings to fly .... He gave us, Jamis!

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I am looking more for a dedicated dh/fr bike because i plan on keeping my xc bike