Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tatankainlondon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    430

    Ransom 10 or Ransom 20 - which is better value for money

    I was thinking about one of those, however they are both quite expensive. It came down whether Ransom 10 is worth those extra bucks or it is just gimmick and Ransom 20 should do the job.
    So what do you people think about that?
    Is it really worth paying more at the beginning?

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    39
    the crank on the 20 is ugly, but the price on the 10 is pretty high
    buy my bullit, xt, magura, marzochi, email me for more info

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tatankainlondon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    430
    what's up people, is there anyone interested in this topic?
    I hoped for nice discussion but it seems I was wrong

  4. #4
    What are you looking at?
    Reputation: R1D3R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    951

    ???

    Quote Originally Posted by tatankainlondon
    I was thinking about one of those, however they are both quite expensive. It came down whether Ransom 10 is worth those extra bucks or it is just gimmick and Ransom 20 should do the job.
    So what do you people think about that?
    Is it really worth paying more at the beginning?
    Are you actually considering getting one???

    Well any way I'd say go for the best... the 10 has a 36 and it's a pound litghter than the 20 but it's sort of like deciding between a BMW 5 or 7 series. You probably won't be disapointed with the 20 if you get it.
    Orange Heckler

    Blue Pinscher

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    283
    I hope you have patience, the scottusa website states availability: February 2006
    Other then that I personally think that the ransom seems very nice but it's extremely overpriced. You could get a similarly built 6pack/nomad/6.6 for thousands less and I don't really see the advantage the ransom has over those bikes.

  6. #6
    gangsta
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2
    i think it is worth spending the extra bucks. Even such small things can make a big difference.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Psycho Banshee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    87

    Nomads and 6packs for under $4,000???????????

    You could get a similarly built 6pack/nomad/6.6 for thousands less and I don't really see the advantage the ransom has over those bikes.[/QUOTE]

    Ransom has rear travel adjustment. And I thought they were about the same price, not THOUSANDs less...

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    283
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Banshee
    You could get a similarly built 6pack/nomad/6.6 for thousands less and I don't really see the advantage the ransom has over those bikes.
    Ransom has rear travel adjustment. And I thought they were about the same price, not THOUSANDs less... [/QUOTE]

    Have you seen the ransom pricing?
    According to the us website they start at 3500$ for a basic model with an aluminum frame and a pretty lame part selection (2nd tier fork and deore components on a 3500$ bike?) and go up to 7500$ for the top of the line model.
    You can get a nicely built nomad for around 4k$ , I really don't see what going up to 6-7k$ buys you in this case.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    39
    the price quotes on their website are not the actuall msrp's that they give to dealers to sell at
    buy my bullit, xt, magura, marzochi, email me for more info

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Psycho Banshee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    87

    I am pretty sure my dealer quoted $4,500

    Quote Originally Posted by Super Veg
    the price quotes on their website are not the actuall msrp's that they give to dealers to sell at
    Maybe this is the reason I thought the top model Ransom was only $5,000. I am still confused, why would they put the price quotes that high then drop the price a couple thousand at the dealers? Are they desperate to sell these bikes??? Makes me wonder...

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Banshee
    Maybe this is the reason I thought the top model Ransom was only $5,000. I am still confused, why would they put the price quotes that high then drop the price a couple thousand at the dealers? Are they desperate to sell these bikes??? Makes me wonder...
    its not thousands less,
    but they do that so dealers can sell at less than "advertised msrp"
    buy my bullit, xt, magura, marzochi, email me for more info

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: twouareks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,181
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Veg
    its not thousands less,
    but they do that so dealers can sell at less than "advertised msrp"
    msrp is something like 7500, we can sell it for about 6700 or 6900, if i remember right.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by etal
    I hope you have patience, the scottusa website states availability: February 2006
    Other then that I personally think that the ransom seems very nice but it's extremely overpriced. You could get a similarly built 6pack/nomad/6.6 for thousands less and I don't really see the advantage the ransom has over those bikes.


    I agree and some little thing you just saw the rear shock??????? you canĀ“t change it for nothing.........and who do the mantenaince?????.....?and do they give you a spare to ride?????sorry ..............

  14. #14
    STS
    STS is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: STS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    470
    The rear shock has standard mounts, so you can put any shock with same length
    Although you loose the travel change option
    I would only change it in case you have to send the original for repair

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: twouareks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,181
    Quote Originally Posted by STS
    The rear shock has standard mounts, so you can put any shock with same length
    Although you loose the travel change option
    I would only change it in case you have to send the original for repair

    mmmmm, dhx air......

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •