Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Question for Downhill forks

669 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  NoneSoVile 
#1 · (Edited)
Question about Downhill forks

Hi, i was looking at some downhill forks and i was wondering, wich fork is better? The Rock Shox Boxxer or the Marzocchi JR T Pro?
I was also looking at the Noleen K2 Chubby Downhill and was wondering how much travel it had and if it's any good, i saw it priced at around 130$(canadian).

#3 ·
Save yourself

Dont go with the noleen! They used to be awesome, but I think you will be very hardpressed to find support for it. I know, its a really good price, but I would personally see that put to much better work in a real fork. If you have a bigger budget, look at the 888(marzocchi) or the Sherman Slider(Manitou). If you want single crown, look at the 66 series(marz.). I have heard only crap about anything rockshox. Anything Marzocchi will be excelent.

#4 ·
what twiggyperson sez and

the Boxxer is a fine fork, R-S slipped badly on other ones, but the Boxxer is fine. Expect to pay $1000 plus or minus. The Jr. T spikes on high speed smaller bumps and will wear out your forearms and hands. Slow technical it's fine. I'm on a new Slider Plus 7" and so far it's good, still dialing it in, but new they are almost a grand I think.

IMHO see if you can find a used Super T that hans't been trashed. I don't know where in Canada you are so can't help you with stores, your profile is beyond vague. :rolleyes:

Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.