Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Prophet 600/800 or Yeti 575

775 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  DLine 
#1 ·
Can anyone compare the 2...?
What are the strong and weak characters of both bikes?
For what type of riding would you select which?

Basically, I am looking for a good XC bike ("do it all"), but more for technical stuff, climbing, singletracks and long day travels.

The Yeti is more expensive- is it worth the difference?
Should I be looking at other bikes?

#2 ·
i have a prophet 600 and it is the best bike ive ever ridden. i havent riden a yeti. the lefty fork is the best fork ever. it is very stiff and tracks quite well. the radium rear shock is also quite impressive. i was worried at first and thinking about upgrading to a swinger 3 way, but so far ive noticed very little bob. the prophet climbs alot better on technical stuff the my cannondale hardtail. the prophet is alos alot more fun to ride. take one out for a test ride. i guarentee youll be impressed.

#4 ·
well i ride a 575 and its the best bike ever!! no really it is!! on a serious note i have not compared the 2 but i do really like my yeti...kind of like it was made for me, long travel and light...in the fall i spent two 5 hour days on the bike in a row and usually that meant a really sore monday, but i felt very good on monday that week. have never been enticed by cannondales offerings so i dont have much to compare, but ride them both and decide for yourself....

#6 ·
snufkin said:
Can anyone compare the 2...?
What are the strong and weak characters of both bikes?
For what type of riding would you select which?

Basically, I am looking for a good XC bike ("do it all"), but more for technical stuff, climbing, singletracks and long day travels.

The Yeti is more expensive- is it worth the difference?
Should I be looking at other bikes?
I don't own a Yeti or a Cannondale. I've only ridden the 575, so I can't directly compare the 2. But the Yeti is a great bike that's affordable too. I'd have a hard time not buying one if I were in the market for a bike right now.

It's a pretty worthless opinon, but there you have it. Good Luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.