Thread: Pricing?

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Pricing?

Hi all - I'm looking to sell my 26" and put the money to a new 29er. It's a nice ride, with top-end components and is race ready... Any thoughts - on what I might price this at?

26" - Fully Rigid, Race Ready, 1x9

Frame: Sette Reken - 18" - Matte Black - Brand New
    Wheels: Mavic Crossmax SL - UST - with tubeless IRC tires - these are about 4 years old, but are still true and accident free - they have less than 1000 miles on them. Rear/freewheel has an upgrade to ceramic bearings
    Fork: White Brothers Rock Solid - Carbon - Rigid - not a scratch on it.
    Headset: FSA Orbit - brand new
    Brakes: Avid BB7 - brand new - ridden twice
    Rear D: SRAM XO - 9 speed, long cage
    Cassette: SRAM PG990 / PC991 chain
    Cranks: FSA Single Speed - 32T
    Grips: Ergon race
    Rear Shifter: SRAM X9
    Bar: Race Face alloy
    Saddle: WTB Rocket V on a Sette Carbon seatpost

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Hmmm, nobody replied. I understand, it'd be work to try and total up those parts... so how about this - anyone have any recommendations on whether I should sell this as a complete bike, or part it out and sell the parts on eBay?

mtbr member
    See if you get any bites at $600, it is going to be a tough sell since it is a 26" bike. I think your best bet would be to re-use all of the parts that you can on your new 29er and sell the frame, fork and wheels separately on ebay.

mtbr member
    Whole bike? Maybe $600ish. You might get a little more money out the bike by parting it out on Ebay.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I don't want to sound rude but a rigid 26 inch bike will not have any resale value. My buddy was trying to sell a titanium 26 with nice parts and could not even get an offer for $600 with a fox fork and hope hubs.
    If i were you i would just part the thing out on cl or mtbr. I am guessing the only person who might buy it is someone who would pull the parts and dump the frame.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by dmennenoh View Post
    Hi all - I'm looking to sell my 26" and put the money to a new 29er. It's a nice ride, with top-end components and is race ready... Any thoughts - on what I might price this at?

26" - Fully Rigid, Race Ready, 1x9

Frame: Sette Reken - 18" - Matte Black - Brand New
    Wheels: Mavic Crossmax SL - UST - with tubeless IRC tires - these are about 4 years old, but are still true and accident free - they have less than 1000 miles on them. Rear/freewheel has an upgrade to ceramic bearings
    Fork: White Brothers Rock Solid - Carbon - Rigid - not a scratch on it.
    Headset: FSA Orbit - brand new
    Brakes: Avid BB7 - brand new - ridden twice
    Rear D: SRAM XO - 9 speed, long cage
    Cassette: SRAM PG990 / PC991 chain
    Cranks: FSA Single Speed - 32T
    Grips: Ergon race
    Rear Shifter: SRAM X9
    Bar: Race Face alloy
    Saddle: WTB Rocket V on a Sette Carbon seatpost

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Thanks for the replies! Still unsure what I'll do - might try putting the whole bike on eBay with a minimum and see if it goes and then part it out if not. I really need to get at least $800 for it, which seems like it should be easy given the components... but who knows.