mtbr member
    Jul 2010

Potential future frame: Trek 8500 vs Yeti Arc

I'm currently on a 2009 GF Marlin, which I love and has served me well thus far. Always thinking ahead though, I'm wondering what I'll do if/when the frame cracks one day, as the 2009 and 2010 GF's have been known to have a tendency to fail near the seat tube area of the frame.

Because Trek no longer has any 26" GF frames available, the current replacement for my frame in the event of a warranty replacement would be the 8500/8000 frame. Nice frame from what I hear, but any replacement would require me to dump some money into a new fork as well, becaus the GF fork is specifically designed around the G2 geometry and has a greater offset than standard forks.

So that got me thinking: if my beloved Marlin goes down one day, do I take the Trek replacement, or do I go in a completely different direction with the Yeti Arc? Seems like a kick-ass frame from everything I've ever read about them - a true classic.

Anybody here ridden on both and can provide a comparison?

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I'm not familiar with arc but if it's anything like that yeti 575 in quality, go for it

It's about showing up.
    What's a trek?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Potential future frame:  Trek 8500 vs Yeti Arc-eyeti659.jpg  

I don't rattle.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    The yeti is a classic xc hardtail frame. The 8000 is well meh. Its nice but its not a yeti