mtbr member
    Aug 2013

PLEASE HELP! 2010 GT Sensor 2.0

Hey guys,
    Hoping someone out there can help out this newbie. I recently bought a '10 GT Sensor 2.0 on ebay and the guy shipped me a strange bag of miscellaneous parts that apparently are for mounting the front wheel since the rest of the bike is properly assembled. The parts I have left are two 15mm bearings, a thin 15mm ring, a black dust-cap/spacer thing, and of course the 15mm thru-axle. He gave me some complicated instructions for mounting the wheel but it just doesn't line up properly, not to mention there is still wiggle room along the axle when it is fully threaded and locked. LBS confirmed my suspicions and thought there should be two of the black caps, one for each side of the wheel.

So please, if anyone has or had this bike could you tell me how your bike came as far as parts on the front wheel required for mounting. Also if you wouldn't mind, some close up pictures would be a huge help.

Thank you in advance!
    -Josh
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PLEASE HELP! 2010 GT Sensor 2.0-1226768_10151671693352858_1935155271_o.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2014

For Josh

Josh my name is Alex and would appreciate your help on a similar problem...I seem to have misplaced the front " Dust covers" or "end caps"...Did you have to reorder them from GT? Or, did you find other compatible ones??? Please if you can help? Im missing both of the end caps...(I also have the 2010 GT sensor 2.0) BTW, how has this bike worked out for you? E-mail me at aaperezsr@live.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2014

2010 GT sensor 2.0

Josh my name is Alex and would appreciate your help on a similar problem...I seem to have misplaced the front " Dust covers" or "end caps"...Did you have to reorder them from GT? Or, did you find other compatible ones??? Please if you can help? Im missing both of the end caps...(I also have the 2010 GT sensor 2.0) BTW, how has this bike worked out for you...also reach me at aaperezsr@live.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Hey Alex. I was eventually able to mount the wheel using the parts shown in the picture after some lengthy conversations with the seller. You may be able to purchase replacements from GT. That was going to be my next step if it hadn't worked out. As my first FS bike I am very happy with it and had a good season of riding last year. Unfortunately, my season was cut short--literally--when my seat tube got destroyed. How did that happen? Well, the seller failed to inform me that the seat post had been shortened significantly to the point where there was very little material inside the frame. After a bump sent me hard into the saddle the thing just gave out and bent the aluminum all to sh*t. Shame on me for not inspecting it I guess. Thankfully, I was able to salvage the frame so that there is barely enough room for the clamp. Guess we'll see how it holds up once the season starts, just need a new seat post now.