mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Performance Ti hardtail? builder?

wondering if anyone can shed light on the Performance Bicycle titanium "house" hardtail frames from a while back? Looking at one and the seller claims they were built by Litespeed ... if so, what was different? Tried searching for threads on this and couldn't find anything

price is right for a complete Deore XT bike and OK suspension fork, but the frame is a mystery to me

anyone actually own one? thanks in advance for any light shed

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by hideo
    wondering if anyone can shed light on the Performance Bicycle titanium "house" hardtail frames from a while back? Looking at one and the seller claims they were built by Litespeed ... if so, what was different? Tried searching for threads on this and couldn't find anything

price is right for a complete Deore XT bike and OK suspension fork, but the frame is a mystery to me

anyone actually own one? thanks in advance for any light shed
    There was a time when Supergo/Performancebike was selling Litespeed/Merlin Titanium bikes. There was also a time when they were selling Chinese Titanium frames and Mongoose brand Ti frames made I believe by TST-Sandvik. I do not know the exact time Performancebike took over Supergo so I can not distinguish who is selling what.

If you can ask for the serial #, maybe somebody from Litespeed/Merlin Forums can help.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    thanks, man!

AZ
    banned
    What do the welds look like? If the welds are perfect you can bet Litespeed produced it as the house brand frames were not of that quality as I recall .