Hip
    mtbr member

Opinions on Jamas Cross Country 2.0...HELP!!! Opinions on other bikes too...

I can pick one up new for $285. What do you guys think of this bike for trail riding. I want to buy something lower end that is worth upgrading eventually. Any other suggestions in the $300-400 range?

Hip
    mtbr member
    I am going to most likely pick the Jamis up tonight...i hope someone can comment on it by then..

Turner Homer
    Just a suggestion, but have you taken a look at the ibex bikes? The reason why I am mentioning their bikes, becasue they offer high quailty frames, with high quality part groups for good prices. My firend has one of thier mid line full suspension bikes, and the thing does not weigh a ton like some cheaper full suspensions do. Anyways, that jamis you picked out is probably fine for a starter bike. Check them out at www.ibexbikes.com.
    Good luck.
    Dave

mtbr member
    I'm not sure which Jamis you're talking about. If you're talking about the Dakar XC, then yes, I think it would be worth it. Generally, though, you're not going to find a decent full suspension bike for under $800-1000, and you definitely won't find a GOOD full suspension bike for under $1k.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    if you're talking about this bike:
    http://bikeusa.com/itemdetails.cfm?ID=2541
    then yes, it's a decent starter bike (very similar to what I started on), but If you think it's possible, I would recommend saving up a bit more money and getting something a bit nicer if possible, say the $500 or so range. It will actually save you money in upgrades and repairs in the long run. If that isn't in the cards however, I'd say pounce on it and enjoy it!

Hip
    mtbr member

Cross Country

This is a hardtail...2007 Model. I see the leftover Iron Horse bikes for sale CHEAP but a few people said go with Jamis. What do you guys think?? Brand wise that is..