Thread: on one 456

mtbr member
    May 2010

on one 456

Who's got one? Wounder if this would be a good frame for me/my style of riding?

Looking for a do it all hardtail.

I had my current ride (Jamis Durango) a little over a year and I've never really felt like the bike fit me right. I know, i should have shopped around a bit more. But the guy at LBS said it was a perfect fit for me. I think he was just trying to make a sell. tryed changing stems, zero offset seatpost, etc. etc., still feel like i should be on one size smaller frame.

Anyway, nuff whining, been looking for a frame to replace my current one. I do more XC riding but want a hardtail that can handle any thing.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by jrrider
    Who's got one? Wounder if this would be a good frame for me/my style of riding?

Looking for a do it all hardtail.

I had my current ride (Jamis Durango) a little over a year and I've never really felt like the bike fit me right. I know, i should have shopped around a bit more. But the guy at LBS said it was a perfect fit for me. I think he was just trying to make a sell. tryed changing stems, zero offset seatpost, etc. etc., still feel like i should be on one size smaller frame.

Anyway, nuff whining, been looking for a frame to replace my current one. I do more XC riding but want a hardtail that can handle any thing.
    I could do the job, depending the fit. Pick your size well.

The steel 456 will likely be heavier than your Jamis. If you can go for the 456 Carbon you may get a lighter bike. I have been riding the latter a lot lately and enjoying it.

But whatever you get, research your size well.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    May 2010
    The weight concerns me a bit but cant afford the carbon. Ive emailed the guys at On-One and from reading other forum looks like an 18" would work for me.

What do you think? measurements: 5'9" tall, 32" inseam, longish arms

T.W.O
    I'm 5'11 with a 32 inseam and a shorter torso and the 18 ragley blue pig (same geo) fits me good with a 70mm stem.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by jrrider
    The weight concerns me a bit but cant afford the carbon. Ive emailed the guys at On-One and from reading other forum looks like an 18" would work for me.

What do you think? measurements: 5'9" tall, 32" inseam, longish arms
    Maybe. Do some comparisons with your current frame.

Likely the 16" or 18" would fit.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common