mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Bonking ... not feelin' well Old Haro--- Need help!

Hello and thanks for being here.
    The story is long but the punchline is that I managed to crush a coworker's '92ish Haro Extreme. The one with the bolt-on rear triangle. It's kind of a beater but you should have seen his face when he saw the damage .
    So I'm on the hook to fix or replace the rear triangle.
    Do you think I can find that same old triangle on the market? Is there any chance I can bend it back into shape [hints, tips, suggestions?]. Was this frame style made to put a rear shock in as an aftermarket upgrade? Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Jason
    [ ]

There's no app for this.

the haro Extreme was a HT bike

and if the rear end looks a bit like below, it has a Shockster add-on rear suspension. They are bankrupt and long gone. Parts maybe on ebay, but it was not a popular item. Jim

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Nope,
    The bike is a hard-tail, with a bolt-on triangle. I'm sure it's cro-mo. I really wonder if I can get a rear-suspension upgrade for the thing...

There's no app for this.

without a picture or more info

I doubt anyone can assist. Jim

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    You probably can find someone in the vintage forum to help you. But a warning, they will give you all kinds of crap for asking about a POS bike. I am sure someone over there knows the answer, but getting it can be difficult.
    2013 Santa Cruz TRc 650b
    2015 Lynskey Cooper CX
    2010 Soma Groove
    1987 Haro RS1

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Oh I think I know what your talking about I have a 92 haro extreme its cro-mo. The aluminum ones are held or bolted together by the rear derailleur “I think”. Anyways there is an extreme on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-HARO-EXT...d=p3286.c0.m14 is that what your talking about or is that how it looks like?