Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Novara Bikes and a Gary Fisher Question

981 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  mtenzer 
#1 ·
My wife is buying a new bike in the next month or so. While she's yet to settle on anything, one thing we were talking about was the Novara Bliss. We have not actually seen one yet (REI doesn't have them in yet here), but I was wondering what people knew about Novara bikes?

Also, I'm scoping out a Gary Fisher Marlin. Any thoughts?

#2 · (Edited)
sleddog said:
My wife is buying a new bike in the next month or so. While she's yet to settle on anything, one thing we were talking about was the Novara Bliss. We have not actually seen one yet (REI doesn't have them in yet here), but I was wondering what people knew about Novara bikes?

Also, I'm scoping out a Gary Fisher Marlin. Any thoughts?
No experience per se, but like anything else from REI, it's probably good quality, and overpriced. I'd take my money to the LBS and swing a deal on the Marlin.

Clyde

Edit: Just looked at the bike on the REI website, and as expected, an $800 bike selling for a grand.

#3 ·
My Marlin

I have an 04 Marlin that I am very happy with. I weigh about 190 lbs. and the bike has held up great. I changed the brakes to some avids and changed out the fork, but then again they have a better fork on the 05 model. The bike is real sweet and it has the genesis geometry which I thought felt awesome. I would definitely recommend it to anyone for XC. I saw on your personal information that you like to freeride, in which I don't think the frame would hold up. The bike has personally taken a lot of two foot jumps, but I wouldn't push it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.