mtbr member

northrock xc6 bike

Hi yall

im a noob who has been lurking for a while, i just got a new northrock xc6 off craigslist for $240

i did a lil search after, not much info was found. IMO its a decent bike with disc brakes, all i know is they were sold for $300 at costcos, but i never saw one at my local cosctos

WTB saddle, grips and 26x2.1 tires
    Shimano Altus shifters 24 speed
    SR suntour XCT V3 fork
    Shimano crank
    Tektro IO Disc brakes with shimano EF50 levers
    KMC Chain
    Acera rear derailleur

mtbr member
    i gusse no one cares, ive put on a new handle bar and stem

i dont know if its normal,for the rear end, the chain would rub/ touch on the next gear, when i ride. my dad told me this is normal, he experienced the same thing with he scott bike back in the 90s.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Well, go over to the General forum and find the thread "And the Big Box Bike Beat Goes On" that I started over there about the Costco mtb. There's more than 100 responses there.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Nice handle bars, TruVativ makes good products. I have the XC6 and my gears shift smooth. If anything check your adjustments.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lov2bike01 View Post
    Nice handle bars, TruVativ makes good products. I have the XC6 and my gears shift smooth. If anything check your adjustments.
    i really like the hanld bar and stem.

turned out it was the extra front derailleur cable hitting on left crank, nothing wrong with the gears. im really happy with the bike.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Cool. I like mine too. Did you change the stem? Its different from mine.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011

Smile Northrock XC6

I am new to this forum and not a bike expert, but felt compelled to post about my XC6.
    I purchased it from my local Costco about 10 days ago ($299). The only thing wrong so far is that the front brake caliper was not properly adjusted so that the fixed pad was rubbing against the rotor. There is an adjusting screw on the caliper that I used to move the pad out. I noticed the same problem on a Walmart bike.
    I have been taking short rides around the neighborhood learning how to use the shifters. So far, everything is working smoothly. I checked the weight of the bike -- 32lb. The literature omitted that little item, I guess because of the different kinds of components that can be used.
    I will post again if problems develop.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I bought the bike last weekend from Costco. I have less than 30 miles on the bike and the left pedal bearings are shot. Good thing I ordered new pedals.