mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Norco Fluid lt 3 or Spec. Pitch Pro??

I'm currently looking for a solid All mountain bike (I live for the descent...but I'm usually getting up there on my own so i need to be able to climb). Initially i was looking at the Pitch comp, $1900 seemed like a great deal, but I've read reviews that said it's smarter to put in the extra cash and opt for the pro...but if i was going to spend $2300 on a bike this opened up other options, such as the norco fluid. I have found many good reviews on the pitch but i haven't really been able to find much on the Fluid lt 3 2008. Can anyone give me some advice on what might be the best option? The norco seems to have more front susp. travel, but i think the shocks on the pitch may have more settings. I've also read the rear shock on the fluid (Fox DHX-AIR 3.0) may have a problem with getting stuck down...I don't know if this would be a problem with me as I'm a small/light guy.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated, I've also taken a look at the rocky mountain slayer sxc 30 (can't find pricing but i think it's above my price range), and the norco six three(i think this bike might be too burly for uphill rides).

Thanks!

I'm UTarded
    I've ridden both bikes and reviewed both of them:

Fluid LT3
    http://www.feedthehabit.com/mountain...n-bike-review/

Specialized Pitch Pro
    http://www.feedthehabit.com/mountain...-quick-review/

Both bikes are great all-around trailbikes, but each has some drawbacks. I haven't ridden them side-by-side (I rode the Pitch last fall and have the Fluid LT3 currently), so it's hard to do direct comparisons, but here are some thoughts.

• The Pitch seems to be more on the XC-ish side compared to the LT3
    • The LT3 isn't as capable of a climber as the Pitch
    • Both are horst links... they will both perform well under all conditions
    • I don't know the spec on the Pitch Comp, but the Pitch Pro seems fairly solid... maybe a hair better than the LT3
    • The Marzocchi 55R is great going down, but it lacks travel adjustment, so it does wander on tight, steep stuff
    • Norco's are less common here in the States... and they are great bikes.

It's all subjective... but, both bikes are capable and should be fun all-around bikes.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Thanks, i appreciate the info! I actually just picked up the fluid lt3 a day ago but it's good to hear it would have been a safe bet to go either way! I'm a bit worried that the lack of shock adjustment and weight might give me some issues on ascents, but I'm hoping the bikes performance on decents will make up for it. I can't weight to get the bike out on the trails!

Tire Geek O_o
    Hi gothMogs_Fury,

would you post your impressions on your new bike??
    it would be great!

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Here's a link to a review of the Fluid LT1 and 2.
    http://dev.nsmb.com/page/s/2607

I personally ride a regular fluid and have nothing but good things to say about the bike.