mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Norco Fluid 2, Giant TraceX 3, Superlight or Heckler D?

Edit: Forgot to read sticky, following the template now.

1) Your budget.
    $2000 Canadian.

2) What bikes, if any, are you already considering?
    Norco Fluid 2, Giant TranceX 3, maybe a superlight or a heckler (the base models)?

Not sure if Superlight would be right fit, or if Heckler would be overkill?

3) What type of riding do you intend to do?
    I ride mainly river valley singletrack, about 1.5 to 4 hours a ride, with a few annual mountain rides thrown in. No hucking, jumping, air, big downhill, etc. No XC racing, but I wouldn't min trying one in the future. I want something that I can ride comfortably for a long period of time.

4) Do you have a preference over a hardtail or full suspension?
    Squishy

5) Age, weight and height.
    33, 230, 6'1"

6) What sources will you consider buying from?
    local shop, would build from online too.

7) Do you want people to offer you alternative suggestions to issues such as budget, bikes already considered, and sources?
    yes please

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Id go trance. Dont know much about norco but the norco 1 got good reviews. The trance frame is the same as the $3500 version so it is a proven upgrade worthy frame. You can never go wrong with a superlight, I mean classic. You get a fox float rear and rock shox recon S ar w/120mm fork for $1499 us dollars on a santa cruz frame. For just a lil bit more money you could get a R.I.P 9 from niner bikes. But bottom line is you a fox equipped ride with the trance...and would be the more comfortable ride in my opinion.