mtbr member
    May 2008

Norco "07" One25 or "08" Ryde

Hey,

I'm looking at two bikes and having a hard time choosing which one to purchase. Both bikes are identical prices. The One25 is a "medium" the Ryde is a "Small"

I plan to ride for the most part, street? and maybe some mellow trails here and there. I"m new to the scene and looking to catch on to a some technical street/urban stuff. (I don't see myself doing huge dirt jumps or drops this season) I am a bigger guy, 200lbs and 6ft tall.

Basically what I am looking for is some opinions from experienced riders. I would like to know which bike you would purchase and why you would choose one over the other.

The orange "bling" "funn" stuff means nothing to me.. Reliability, rideability and build quality are most important. I want something I can get better on.

Thanks for any help.

Here are the two bikes:

2007 Norco One25
    - Specs: http://www.norco.com/2007bikes/templ...arge.php?id=32
    - Pic:

2008 Norco Ryde
    - Specs: http://www.norco.com/bikes/mountain/...treet/ryde.php
    - Pic:
    Last edited by JG30; 05-24-2008 at 10:29 AM.

mtbr member
    get the one that fits. There is a huge disparity in the sizing on those, you are talking over an inch and a half in top tube. The one25 has almost a cross country long cockpit. Also, drivetrain and brakes are better on the one25

good luck, and try the urban/dj forums for more responses

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Thank you for the reply. I do understand that the 125 has some better components. For 180's, pivot 360's and other street stuff I assume the Ryde would be better due to it's geo?

the 125 since you mention it is more of a xc style position would be a better bike for trails?

Thanks again I am new I do not want to buy the wrong bike for me. I tried a small ryde and it's too small when I sit down (but the seat was low.) the 125 felt great.