Greetings all,
I bought a Rockhopper back in 2000 with Front Suspension. I donated to charity last year and am looking for a new ride, actually 2 new rides possibly. I spend most of my year on my Tri Bike and I'm tired of being in the aero bars so much. So I've been out of the mtb game awhile. I never can make up my mind on new purchases so I thought I'd ask for some advice. I'm 6'3 220 so wheels and frame durability are important to me. I'm definitely a masher.

I'm thinking I want a Cyclocross bike to do double duty on gravel trails, maybe cyclocross events and road riding. I found a good carbon deal I think, Focus Mares CX 3.0 105 Bike | R&A Cycles
Let me know if anyone knows of similar deals in the carbon/titanium space.

I had also thought about doing a hardtail 29er as my gravel bike and mtb bike, and then buying a road bike like a Kestrel R1000 or Fuji Gran Fondo. This is under the assumption that a 26 or 29er full suspension would be sluggish to me on the rail trails and other flat gravel rides. Maybe I'm wrong on that.
SRAM X9, 3x10 Speed 29er Titanium Front Suspension Mountain Bikes - MTB - 2013 Motobecane Fantom Titanium 29er | SRAM X9 hardtail mountain bikes | Save up to 60% off list prices on new bicycles

SRAM XO, 2x10 Speed 29er Titanium Front Suspension Mountain Bikes - MTB - 2013 Motobecane Fly Titanium 29er | SRAM XO hardtail mountain bikes | Save up to 60% off list prices on new bicycles

29ers are new to me , but I think I get the idea. There are a couple 29er Full Suspension deals out there and I was wondering if some of you could help me choose.

Here are all the 29er full suspension I'm trying to choose from. I know Carbon is good on the road not sure if I should be looking at it for mtb riding though.

Fuji Outland 29 2.0 Bike 2012 > Complete Bikes > Cross-Country Mountain Bikes | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop

Scott Spark 29 Elite Bike | R&A Cycles

GT Bikes Zaskar Carbon 100 Expert 2012 > Complete Bikes > Cross-Country Mountain Bikes | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop

Scott Spark 35 Bike | R&A Cycles

Those last two are 26's they looked like a pretty good deal, if I wasn't going to be using it on the rail trails. We have a very good network of very technical narrow singletrack that I'd like to get back on as well.