mtbr member
    Feb 2008

New Metal Guru owner

I have just sold my Intense 6.6 so a new bike was in order. The 6.6 is avery nice bike indeed but I was not using it to its full potential, I decided it was time to revert back to a hardtail.

I walked into my LBS to get the 6.6 packed up so that I could send it on it's way to the new owner, and hanging from the ceiling was a medium Viscious Cylcles Metal Guru. Needless to say after a quick look at the quality of the frame and the very nice paint work she is mine. It should be together by today or tomorrow. I am going to be putting on a Fox F100rlc, Mavic SLR's and a mixture of Shimano LX \XT stuff as I got a great deal on them. I also got a very good deal on the Mavic SLR's, but would've gone with them anyway. I have only been able to find a few reviews of the frame and they seem pretty good. I will post pics once it is together.

If anyone has experience with these frames I would love to hear about it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    im going to be getting a metal guru custom geometry. just wanted to know where the bottle opener on your frame is located? also, let me know how it has been.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    The Bottle opener is on the non driveside chainstay. I am very happy with the bike. I have it set up as a 1x9 and pretty light for a steel bike. I ride it daily as I work from home and can get out and ride whenever. It is a very good all rounder. I know that all evidence in magazines and reviews suggest that a full suspension bike performs as well if not better than a hardtail, but I wanted to go back to a hardtail and I am very glad I did. It climbs well handles a variety of conditions very well and is very comfortable for extended rides. Going back to a steel hardtail for me has achieved exactly what i wanted which was to simplify the bike and enjoy riding as I used to many years ago.

I am sure that you will be very happy with yours too. Post some pics and feedback once you get it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Heres my metal guru- and its for sale...

heres my baby. for sale too....!!! Bottle opener included.

http://classifieds.mtbr.com/showprod...ct=26380&cat=4
    Attached Images Attached Images