mtbr member
    Feb 2010

New bike. Maybe a STP 0

Just wanted to see what everyone thought. I am new here and getting back into riding. It has been about 8 years since i rode last. When I did ride I enjoyed everything from DJ, playing in town playing on anything I could get on and off of too cruising the single tracks in my area. I am looking to find a bike designed to fit those needs. I live in the middle of no where and I only have 1 LBS within 2 hours of me. They told me I should look into a Giant STP 0. They told me if money is a issue I could drop down to the STP 1 but they did not recommend the 2. I was just curious on what you guys thought about this bike and what else you would recommend.I don't want to spend $1600.00 but I also don't want something that will break every time I push the bike.

Thanks for any info you can give me

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Oh yea just incase you needed to know I am 32, about 178 lbs and about a even 6 foot. I am also just looking for a hard tail. I think i covered everything. If I missed anything just ask.

Thanks again

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Anyone?

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    hey mate. im new to the biking scene too. i have just recently bought a stp1 09 model for $995, was on sale cause last year model. it rides real nice and is comfy as. from experience and what i have heard in reviews the stp1 has pretty good components and is a pretty sweet bike with good geometry. to be honest i dont know anything about the stp0 so cant really say anything good or bad about it. hope you find what your looking for.