Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

New Bike Disappointment

638 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  bgfthntr 
#1 ·
Has anyone out there not been able to replace an older full-suspension with something they thought was as good or better?

I replaced my Iron Horse Hollowpoint with a Turner Flux about two months ago. I rode as many comparable bikes as I could before buying the Flux, but you can't ride them all. In the end I think the Giant Anthem X was in fact the best ride for me. The Flux is good, but for me nothing was able to duplicate the feel of my old Hollowpoint. The Hollowpoint is still servicable, just tired of having to machine shock mounting hardware. That and I was ready for a change.

I'll adjust I'm sure, but figured other's have also had a hard time 'replacing' their most recent favorite.

G.

#2 ·
****** said:
Has anyone out there not been able to replace an older full-suspension with something they thought was as good or better?

I replaced my Iron Horse Hollowpoint with a Turner Flux about two months ago. I rode as many comparable bikes as I could before buying the Flux, but you can't ride them all. In the end I think the Giant Anthem X was in fact the best ride for me. The Flux is good, but for me nothing was able to duplicate the feel of my old Hollowpoint. The Hollowpoint is still servicable, just tired of having to machine shock mounting hardware. That and I was ready for a change.

I'll adjust I'm sure, but figured other's have also had a hard time 'replacing' their most recent favorite.

G.
I find that with any new frame, especially FS, it takes some time to get to know it and really like on its own terms. It takes 5-10 real rides for me to really decide how I like it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.