• 08-07-2009
    atchipmunk
    New around here...question about old Rock Shox Judy XLC parts...
    Hey all. I'm new around here. Started mountain biking a while back (1990 if I remember correctly), but stopped back in 2000 due to increasing responsibilities, getting old, etc. Now, I'm considering a return to the MTB world, but don't want to blow a large sum of cash on a new bike (especially with a baby on the way in 5 months). So, I'm thinking of refurbishing my old '99 Specialized FSR Comp.
    The Bike as a whole is in fairly decent condition...the only problem is that the front fork (Dual-crown Rock Shox Judy XLC) is just way too soft now for my current weight (around 200lbs) and they feel like they'll most likely bottom out a lot out on the trail.
    Tried tuning it per the manual, but the preload adjustment isn't goign to be enough to make up for the weight. So, I'm looking for set of medium-firm or firm-firm springs for the Judy XLC and am hoping to put some heavier weight oil in there as well.
    Anyway, anyone know of any source for OLD Rock Shox parts? I know Rock Shox no longer carries parts for the older equipment...just trying to see if anyone knows of anyone that does. Thanks in advance!

Alvin Caragay
  • 08-07-2009
    JimC.
    you could try in the
    shocks/forks forum with a cross post? Jim
  • 08-07-2009
    atchipmunk
    Doh. Didn't realize I had posted in the wrong forum. Oops. Will post it over there...