Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Need suggestions for our site....

721 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Innocent Bystander 
#1 ·
Hey guys, looking for a little input. Our site presently has a media gallery with pictures, and very soon videos. I have the vids in MPG format, which is generally fine. I had one guy tell me that he couldn't view the sample vid I have posted, although I can play it on any other PC I have tried it on. If anyone can't play it, please let me know so I can change the format of the vids to Quicktime.. which seems to be pretty univeral as well. Link here...

http://www.boutiquebikes.com/index.php?option=com_zoom&Itemid=65&catid=12

Also, the online store will be implemented very soon.

Would anyone visit a forum if we had one there? Would anyone participate in chats if we had a chat room?

I would like to know what you guys want to see on a site.... so it is more than just a bike store.. it would be nice to have you folks visit, even if not looking to buy something.

Any suggestions welcome.. thanks for you input. I hope this doesn't come across as spam, that is not the intention at all. Just looking to build a site that bikers would like to see.

Don

See less See more
#2 ·
Online ordering would be good. Forums would be a waste. You probably noticed, but this forum is pretty good, and I hear there are other popular ones. Sounds like a saturated forum market...

And something is weird with the vid. I click on it and nothing happens. Try QT.

#4 ·
nice clean layout
not a big fan of the black background. prefer white background like whats used on mtbr
don't invest must time in a forum. most that i've seen on other bike & business sites are not used. if your local biking community lacks a good forum, you might strengthen your local ties by hosting or sponsering a forum for your local club.
an online chat function for you to speak online direct to customer prospects visiting your site might be nice if easy to implement.

Innocent Bystander said:
Hey guys, looking for a little input. Our site presently has a media gallery with pictures, and very soon videos. I have the vids in MPG format, which is generally fine. I had one guy tell me that he couldn't view the sample vid I have posted, although I can play it on any other PC I have tried it on. If anyone can't play it, please let me know so I can change the format of the vids to Quicktime.. which seems to be pretty univeral as well. Link here...

http://www.boutiquebikes.com/index.php?option=com_zoom&Itemid=65&catid=12

Also, the online store will be implemented very soon.

Would anyone visit a forum if we had one there? Would anyone participate in chats if we had a chat room?

I would like to know what you guys want to see on a site.... so it is more than just a bike store.. it would be nice to have you folks visit, even if not looking to buy something.

Any suggestions welcome.. thanks for you input. I hope this doesn't come across as spam, that is not the intention at all. Just looking to build a site that bikers would like to see.

Don

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.