mtbr member
    Aug 2009

need some advice on budget fs frame

I have been riding a hardrock pro on some local trails for the last few years and feel that im starting to need something a little beefier. I want to find a decent all mountain fs frame for around 4-500 bucks that can handle some big hits. I only weigh 170 so im not a big guy. i plan on just swapping parts from my hard rock to the new frame and upgrading later as needed. I have found some frames in my budget used on ebay but dont know if buying a used frame is a good idea. would i be better off buying something like the jamis parker 1.0 new from pricepoint or is somthing like a used stumpjumper off ebay the better choice? Im not an expert on bikes so any input would be greatly appreciated.

cgrocho
    Jun 2006
    Used on eBay can be a great deal, but you have to know what you're looking at. Also, you won't be able to test the fit. Going with new, I'd get this in your price range:

http://bobs-bicycles.com/product/08-...ck-oe-2552.htm

Or the Sette Flite at Price Point. The KHS is a Horst link frame, which is preferable IMO.

cgrocho
    Jun 2006
    Used on eBay can be a great deal, but you have to know what you're looking at. Also, you won't be able to test the fit. Going with new, I'd get this in your price range:

http://bobs-bicycles.com/product/08-...ck-oe-2552.htm

Or the Sette Flite at Price Point. The KHS is a Horst link frame, which is preferable IMO.

mtbr member
    I am also looking for an FS frame in this price range.

Any input on which out of those 3 (KHS, Sette Flite, Sette Ace) would be the best bang for the buck? And which would go best with a 140mm fork?