mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Need opinions/recommendations - Iron Horse Hollowpoint Expert or Jamis Dakar XAM-1

A buddy of mine is selling his Iron Horse Hollowpoint Expert and I have been looking at a Jamis Dakar XAM-1. I'm an old school BMX racer and I want to replace my old school GT Zaskar with a FS bike. I've been doing mainly All-Mountain and XC riding.

The IH Hollowpoint is a 2004 and is pretty much stock. From what I've found on the internet, the IH is a good all around bike. I haven't been able to find too much on the Jamis.

If anyone can give me their opinions or recommendations between the two bikes I would greatly appreciate it....

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I like Jamis, in fact I own one. But it seems like their full suspension frames suffer a lot of chainstay failures. There are a few people on the Jamis forum that have had problems.
    2012 On One Whippet 650b
    2012 Santa Cruz TRc 650b
    2014 On One Dirty Disco
    2010 Soma Groove
    1987 Haro RS1

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    If it is one of the DW link Hollowpoints it rocks. Might feel a little heavy but rides great. Loved mine
    My training BLOG

training BLOG for a regular joe Married w/ children, Full time Job, No Genetic talent, wanna-be mountain bike racer

Morris Training Primer