mtbr member
    May 2008

Need help finding a women's XS Giant Anthem X1 in stock

Just this week I've finally decided on a new bike--the 2011Giant Anthem X1 women's, and I need an Extra Small (XS).
    Giant does not have it in stock anymore. Everything left is what hasn't been sold in stores.
    I can't tell you how many stores I've called across the country, and no one has them in stock. Probably about 40 stores at this point. Several places have a size small, but no XS.

I'm asking a favor--if you a) work for a bike shop that has one in stock or b) when you're in your LBS in the next week or so, if you see that they have one in XS, could you notify me?

My LBS asked their regional Giant rep to send out an email to the shops in this area, but I haven't heard anything from them (which must mean no good news).

I know it's a long stretch, but I'm just using the resources available to me.

I've heard that the 2012 models are supposed to come out in July, but I know nothing about them.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009

try the small...

bpchik

Have you tried the Small? I only ask because I have the 2010 model in a small and I have always ridden an XS. I am just barely 5'3''. The small says it suits women that are 5'4'' to 5'7'', but I do not fall into that range. Everyone is different - I say give it a try. It's a sick bike. I love love love it!

Old Man
    "Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." - Mark Twain
    Site

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Actually, I was able to ride the XS at a demo day here in my town on Sunday. Unfortunately, the standover clearance just isn't enough. I think I am going to go with the Specialized Era, that has about 2 inches more of standover.