Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Need help choosing new FS frame!

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Dimon Hell 
#1 ·
Greetings community!
Short incoming data:
I have Cube Attention 29" hardtail. Upgrade almost all to XT, set Manitou Tower Expert fork, and now wanna try FS frame.
I want to buy chinese carbon, new version with 142x12 rear axle, it's carbon, lightweight, black, 142x12, rear PM, FD DM mount, but it's from China, so there's no warranty if something happens. Price 750$ without shock.
Here it is:
Bicycle frame Line Black Bicycle part Musical instrument accessory

And now in local stores i've found frame with 50% discount - Merida Big Ninety-Nine XT-M.
Bicycle frame White Red Line Font
It's alloy, white, but also 142x12, PD, FD DM, and DT rear axle and DT M212 38 ABS rear shock comes in handy! And only for 650$! With 5 years warranty!
What should i do now!? :(

See less See more
#5 ·
Thanks for replies.
I've buyed Merida. Can buy Titus too, but no axlem no post moun, no direct mount... Don't like at all. :)
Good you bought it. I don't know anything about Merida except for some reviews I could find online.

Suspension design is the heart if any FS so choose the reputable ones. I will not choose other gimmicks over suspension design. As 142x12, front der direct mount and post mount rear are good offering but not even close to convince me to choose one design over the other unless they are both as good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk pro

#6 ·
Well, it's some kind a EU brandname, so it's not really popular in US.
About FS desing to choose - it's my first FS frame, and it was selled with 50% discount, with DT axle and DT rear shock with remote. I think it was good offer to try out! :)
Anyway - when bike will be complete - i'll show it out! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.