Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Mar 2011

My New Fezzari Alta Peak

I just got my new bike last week and I have had it out for a couple rides. I was riding a well equipped 4-series Trek and i can say this bike has improved my game in every way.

First of all, As i have read with everyone else, the fit and finish on the bike is great, out of the box. The paint is beautiful and the bike fits like i was there for the set-up. I am 6 ft, I wear 32" inseam pants, and measured a 30" inseam by the websites instructions. The 19 inch frame is perfect for me and they set it up, as requested, with an upright but aggressive position which my bad back likes and I don't feel like the wicked witch trying to hammer on the trail.

My only complaints before I hit the trail:
    The Stem bolts were a little loose and the stem twisted well off center and wrecked me off of my back yard drop (easy Fix).
    The seat is patent silver on a cream and brown bike.

As far as riding:
    The bike is amazing. Climbs like a goat, with or without the rear lockout. I am clearing thing i never have before. Down hills are super sweet and super fast with less effort than before. Smooth landing on flats and transitions. The tires roll super fast but are still pretty sticky in the wet.

I am an all around better rider with this bike and dealing with Fezzari could not be easier.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Very nice! I'm loving my Alta Peak.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Congrats...

I am new to this forum, but in other forums I belong too..

No Pics=No Bike..

Share Share.. : )

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mattybass2 View Post
    Congrats...

No Pics=No Bike..

Speaking of other forums with pics...
    I have seen pics with a shoe next to or on the object. The shoe is suppose to help prove that it really is your pic. Not sure how we know that is your shoe or not. Small detail I guess....lol

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Looks like I have enough posts now for pics so i will get some posted up. Fezzari's website is rreally goo, but the stock photos don't do the paint job justice. I am a hobbiest detailer, and it is really hard not to be fanatical over keeping this bike perfect. The paint with the diamond dust is absolutly beautiful in the sun. I have already installed a couple scrapes, and it is hard to haul anything without installing some marring. I will get some pics up soon. I have some Go pro vids of the bike. kdrchuck's Channel - YouTube. look at the "backyard Mountain Biking" Pretty pathetic, just my little test drop.

TRANCER
    Quote Originally Posted by mattybass2 View Post
    Congrats...

No Pics=No Bike..

Agreed. I call this thread bullsh1t until proof is shown.
    Ride

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    My parents borrowed my camera a couple weeks ago and some settings must have been changed. The pics did not come out great so i tried to dress them up a little. Here's what i got. Better will come when i get my camera straightened out.

Back Yard Mountain Biking - YouTube

TRANCER
    Congrats man! Great lookin bike and I have heard good things about those bikes lately. Enjoy it
    Ride

mtb 4 life
    awesome bike. Im restarting my hobby, and just ordered a kings peak yesterday. I dont know what im going to do while im waiting for it to come in.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I would post my horrible pic and video but I'm shy 4 posts. Not like I spend everyday on the net...5 maybe but 10?

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Make that 2 after this one. Great bike to get back into the sport. Personally...I think it is a great bike that I can use for many many years. Better then the cheap low grade of the other name brand. Sure the high end stuff by the big company is nice but you are really paying for it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Customer service is worth a lot to me.

They Had mistakenly told me this bike came with a front lockout. The bike doesn't but they sent out a lockout kit within a week.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrchuck View Post
    Customer service is worth a lot to me.

They Had mistakenly told me this bike came with a front lockout. The bike doesn't but they sent out a lockout kit within a week.
    Hmmm...Alta Peak with a lockout. I don't remember reading anything about a lockout.

They did send mine with the wrong tires. Mine came with 2.0 when it should have had 2.35 or something like that. I'm fine with 2.0s for now. maybe 2.1s later.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I think I'm now over my post limit for pics.

Here's mine a few months ago.

And a video my brothers made last weekend following me. Yes...I know...I'm slow but I can hang with them better then on my older hard tail.

FOMBA - Woodpicker - YouTube

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by RiderNH View Post
    Hmmm...Alta Peak with a lockout. I don't remember reading anything about a lockout.

They did send mine with the wrong tires. Mine came with 2.0 when it should have had 2.35 or something like that. I'm fine with 2.0s for now. maybe 2.1s later.
    That's right. In one of the dozen emails I sent back and forth, one of the reps told me the Alta had a Lock out front and rear. I called them and asked them about it. They pointed out nthat the bike didn't come with a lockout and in the same breath told me they were sending me the kit.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by RiderNH View Post
    I think I'm now over my post limit for pics.

Here's mine a few months ago.

And a video my brothers made last weekend following me. Yes...I know...I'm slow but I can hang with them better then on my older hard tail.

FOMBA - Woodpicker - YouTube
    Those look like the same 2.35 Maxxis Tires mine came with.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    They are the same "kind" of tire but 2.0 instead of the 2.35. Not really a big deal for me.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Update:
    I am a little dissappointed in the Mavic 117 rims. The reps reassured me that they could handle my wheight (215) on downhills, BUT! This weekend The rim bent in a crash. IDK really what happened but the rim dug into the ground and chucked me big time. Left me with 6 stitches in my elbow, scuff all over my back and lots of sore spots.

The wheels are not covered by the warrany in this situation, however they are sending me a new front wheel with an 317 rim for $87. Not really as big of an upgrade as would like but any better from them and I would have to buy the whole set (Im cheap and not loaded).

Picture Unrelated
    Update:
    I am a little dissappointed in the Mavic 117 rims. The reps reassured me that they could handle my wheight (215) on downhills, BUT! This weekend The rim bent in a crash.
    You are heavy, you crashed, and you're disappointed that the rim bent? That's a cheap rim and I would suspect you've gotten the appropriate amount of life out of it. You got a great deal on a new wheel, don't be too upset and get back out there!
    Don't you hate it when a sentence doesn't end the way you think it octopus?

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by zebrahum View Post
    You are heavy, you crashed, and you're disappointed that the rim bent? That's a cheap rim and I would suspect you've gotten the appropriate amount of life out of it. You got a great deal on a new wheel, don't be too upset and get back out there!
    You are right, I guess the rim performed as expected. I am dissappointed that fezzari put that rim on this bike.

Picture Unrelated
    You are right, I guess the rim performed as expected. I am dissappointed that fezzari put that rim on this bike.
    Yeah, I hear ya. I guess they have to save money somewhere to sell those bikes at those prices. To be honest, you might have broken most any rim in your crash. It all depends on what happened and how the rim bent. Just be happy you hadn't just bought some $1000 wheel set and ruined that wheel I guess.
    Don't you hate it when a sentence doesn't end the way you think it octopus?

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Had my Cascade Peak 3 seasons now- great bike. LBS did normal worn out repairs cassette, chain rings etc no problems. Would buy again

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Anybody care to give a "long term update" on their Alta's?

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Wow- that's a sweet looking bike! ♥

Teen Wolf
    i can guarantee you that bike does not "climb like a goat" but i am happy that it climbs better than your old bike. placebo or not

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast