Going for a ride......

My First Duallie - Giant or Specialized

Buying my first duallie at the end of the year. Currently on a 2001 Specialized Hardrock Comp.

I've narrowed it down to these:

Giant Trance 3
    Specialized FSR XC Comp
    Norco Fluid 2

At the moment I'm tending to say that The Trance 3 is my no 1 contender.

So what are the opnions out there about these 3 bikes? Anyone own one? What do they weigh?

Cheers,

Energetix

EDR
    I'm curious, why these three?

What is you current riding style and terrain like? Are you planning on racing or just have a blast riding? Do you expect to ride technical stuff or more like fast singletrack only?
    Is this also a commuter bike?

Anyhow all great bikes i'm just wondering what the expected usage will be.

Going for a ride......

Riding Style....

I prefer riding on dirt, anything, mainly exploring around the tracks - I guess you could say mainly xc trails (a touch of downhill) as I don't have the guts to do jumps etc yet. Sometimes ride up a hill / mountain on bitumen. I do like riding up hills (sense of acomplishment getting up & a ton of fun going back down) wether they're dirt or bitumen. Definitely not a commuter. But would possibly use it for a occasional trip to the shops, or a ride with the family.
    So given that 90% of my riding time is on dirt, I'm looking at a duallie. Noticing how harsh my hardtail is these days & seems to at times be negative on my riding.
    As the kids get older I'll be looking at getting into racing, nothing serious just see how it goes & what it's all about plus meet some like minded people as I've only ever ridden on my own. It's the only real exercise / sport I love so really it's not exercise to me at all just pure fun!. And hoping to get out there more & more in the future, ride alot more real mtb tracks etc. (Depends how willing my loving husband is to look after the kiddies though - got a 3 yr old & 1.5yr old).

So yeah what do you reckon?

Given that my current bike is 13kg, if the new one weighed something like that I would be stoked!

Cheers,

Energetix