Im currently riding a Surly Pugsley. Mostly on my own property, I have 40 acres of varying terrain that i like to bushwhack around. I have been debating replacing the pugs with a '12 mukluk2 demo. I also have a lot of dirt roads around as well. This got me looking at the Salsa Warbird.
1. Get War bird and keep the pugs.
2. Sell pugs and replace with Mukluk 2.
The '12 Mukluk demo in the shop has about 10 hours on it, I was told. Also has XO grip shifters, jag wire cable housing, husker du's, MWOD, 45north pedals, different grips, different seat, hope hubs...i think thats it. They are asking $2400 for that setup. It has some scuffs and scrapes but nothing major I could see. No dents. Nothing appeared too worn.
Now for some questions:
1. Does the Mukluk sound like a good deal?
2. Would I be better off getting a new stock mukluk?
3. Can the Mukluk 2 fit Bud and Lou tires from Surly?
4. Anyone using the Warbird currently as a dirt road bomber? if so, any regrets/complaints?
5. Any bike your would recommend over the Warbird? why?
6. Is there currently a better fat bike to be had? (i understand thats a bit subjective...)
7. Are there any new fat bikes coming out in the the near future I should consider?
I like the Moonlander, but I want non-offset front and rear...in case you were wondering.
Any help appreciated.
Results 1 to 3 of 3
Thread: Mukluk and Warbird questions